Search results

1. q3cpma

Grimani Rixos

https://www.audioholics.com/tower-speaker-reviews/grimani-rixos popped into my feed and I noticed that they provide a spinorama for their Rixos M that seems really good. Anyone has experience with this brand?
  2. q3cpma

Help equalizing the Shure SRH1540

Hello, After the cable on my DT250 snapped, I used it as an excuse to buy this model that seems perfect with "a bit" of EQ. But not all sources seem to agree on the measurement side, and I plan on using maximum 3 bands (ideally 2) to save a bit of battery, since this is a Rockbox setup. Here's...
  3. q3cpma

Paradigm's new Founder serie

https://audioxpress.com/news/paradigm-introduces-founder-series-premium-loudspeaker-series popped into my feed, and it's quite the interesting news, as the Hi-Fi market is quite lacking in real waveguides. There are also coaxial models for the center speakers and a strange active/passive beast...
  4. q3cpma

AudioXpress's review of a Genelec Ones patent

https://audioxpress.com/article/patent-review-loudspeaker-with-a-wave-guide Finally a pretty good explanation of how the slot loading provides increased LF directivity. I quote the relevant passage: To extend vertical directivity, as disclosed in the patent (and the Genelec datasheet), the...
  5. q3cpma

"Different" music for bored music lovers

Thread that does what it says on the tin. Too much normal and accessible music for a place dedicated to music, so let's post about stuff that really tries (or more probably tried) to push the boundaries; basically, the modern Stravinskys. By the way, I don't mean self-indulgent garbage like free...
  6. q3cpma

KH Audio PR:O subwoofers

Just discovered this brand's models offering good value with the only downside being that they have a PA tuning (no sub bass) and the usual rudimentary phase invert switch. These are extremely rugged PA subwoofers made in Germany using balanced I/O and providing a variable (75-150 Hz) high...
  7. q3cpma

Dither questions

Hello, as I make and use my own music player, I have two questions about dither. Knowing that currently, I only output 16 bits PCM and use float32 for replaygain scaling: * Since I use TPDF dither in the range [-1, +1], I currently clip when the dither over/underflows the sample, but is that...
  8. q3cpma

RCF Mytho data quest

Hello, I'm making this thread to gather data about this interesting and very rare speaker. The highlights and specs include: * True active 200 W + 100 W class AB design * Dedicated DSP processing (only for the crossover and dip switch EQ features) * 6.5" / 8" neodymium ICC vented woofer (quite...
  9. q3cpma

Genelec GLM under Wine

Hello, just wanted to know if any GNU/Linux user had tried to run GLM under Wine. It would be a bit annoying to have to fire a Windows VM just for this.
  10. q3cpma

USB to AES/EBU: the solution?

Hello, after I started scratching my head a bit too much searching for such a "cheap" converter, I found https://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/interfaces-digitales/audiophonics-xmos-u208-interface-digitale-usb-32bit-384khz-aes-i2s-2x-tcxo-alimentation-230v-otg-p-10547.html * Class compliant * Async...
  11. q3cpma

Studio subwoofers - alternatives, measurements, recommendations

Hello, after buying a pair of small 5" actives for nearfield, I just need a good subwoofer to finish to setup and I have a few general questions/topics. Alternatives It seems that a lot of people are using hi-fi subwoofers with an external crossover because you can get much more for your money...
  12. q3cpma

GGNTKT Model M1

https://ggntkt.de/en/model-m1/ Just wondering if anyone had anything to say about it; impressions, even hearsays. This could be a nice addition to the Kii, Grimm and D&D new generation of Hi-Fi speakers. Here are the specs and highlights: * 119 dB peak level * 140° x 100° constant directivity *...
  13. q3cpma

Cabasse Pearl and other speakers from the Future™

After hearing a lot of noise and seeing measurements of the Devialet Phantom, I noticed this interesting speaker by Cabasse. Here are the official specs: Price: ~2800€ 118 dB peak mono / 124 dB peak stereo 14 - 27 000 Hz Medium-tweeter 13 cm coaxial BCI Woofer 25 cm HELD Tweeter : 300 W RMS /...
  14. q3cpma

Poll: active or passive?

Title says it all, just a fun poll to know the community better. I'm talking about the crossover type, by the way, so if you bi-amp a pair of JBL 708i with your Crown amp, it counts as "digital active".
  15. q3cpma

Neumann KH120A or Genelec 8030C?

Hello, I've decided that one of these will be my next speakers unless these or the 8040 get an update or Neumann makes a 6.5" model in the meantime. But I find it very hard to choose as both: * Have a solid aluminium body (designed to prevent diffraction in the case of Genelec). * Use a deep...
  16. q3cpma

Active speaker OEMs

Does anyone know a way to learn about the OEMs for big guys like Genelec or Neumann? For example, I noticed that Genelec's 1238A and K&H's O500C seem to use the exact same woofer (see links) and I wondered who was the actual manufacturer behind these. I also want to know what class D amps...
  17. q3cpma

Influence of driver shape (dome, cone) on sound

After seeing multiple well-known pro gear manufacturers arrive to the almost same design for midrange - a 3" textile dome - I started searching about hard data about the way driver shape (cone, dome, phase plugs, etc...) influences its sound but found nothing. Anyone with such information and/or...
  18. q3cpma

USB audio interfaces interest

As per this post, I made a poll to gauge interest for popular and low-cost USB interfaces that could be used as a casual DAC. Most people now will agree that DAC is mostly a solved problem, needing a good implementation more than a good base D/A chip. This is why products made by big entreprises...
  19. q3cpma

Another headphone recommendations thread

Hello, I'm currently using a Beyerdynamic DT250 (80 ohms) that I really like, but I wondered if a strict upgrade existed for it. The main thing I'm looking for is a closed, solid headphone with velour (or something similar) pads and a sound as neutral as possible; at least, without too much...
  20. q3cpma

Searching for a DAP with strict requirements

Hello, I am currently rocking a Sansa Clip+ with Rockbox, but it is slowly dying (jack desoldering and battery wear). I also have a Fuze+ in case of actual player death, but its touch interface is horrendous. So I'm searching for a new DAP with the following features: * Physical buttons *...
Top Bottom