Search results

1. q3cpma

Monoprice Encore B6 Bookshelf Review (by Erin)

This isn't diffraction, otherwise the LW/on-axis difference would be greater. EDIT: or maybe it is, it shows in the raw contours, but my point still stands. And the short term compression test having a fit at that exact point points to something else (breakup/resonance possibly from the horn...
  2. q3cpma

Monoprice Encore B6 Bookshelf Review (by Erin)

Very good! Distortion was a bit worrying with 1% of H3 at 86 dB, but it stays the same at 96, so no problem (especially with both pair gain and boundary gain). The thing at 10 kHz (some resonance or soft tweeter early breakup, seeing the compression result) is of small consequence on music material.
  3. q3cpma

Has civility on ASR declined recently?

These laws aren't without inconvenients. Here at least (France, "real" programming), this means low productivity incompetents can continue without worries and that salaries are quite lower than in the states (even when considering the way higher taxes on stuff like fuel or VAT). When you...
  4. q3cpma

KEF R11 quick measurements single vs bi-amp

Bi-amp? I see no mention of crossover in your post.
  5. q3cpma

New Music: Avant Garde, Leftfield, Arthouse aka 'Pretentious Noise'.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/different-music-for-bored-music-lovers.18496/ may have suitable material.
  6. q3cpma

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

I'd wager way reduced SBIR and near wall reflections from Erin's written impressions. The whole "no need for subwoofers, amplifiers nor external DSP" thing may also be a factor.
  7. q3cpma

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

I'd say the horizontal directivity kink at 1 kHz. Otherwise, it's an exceptional speaker; it's even good looking (except the woofer texturer, for me). And compared to the 8c, it doesn't have the thorough LF directivity control EDIT: strike that last one or any potential mention of coaxial...
  8. q3cpma

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Only missing a clipping LED/LED colour. Every amplifier should have one, especially the ones with such a modest power rating.
  9. q3cpma

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Isn't the BBC dip off-axis (maybe power response, too)? Or are we talking about the obsolete mechanism to get a smooth sound power without waveguide entailing an on-axis dip to compensate for the woofer/tweeter directivity mismatch? From my understanding, it was purposedly made for the OB van...
  10. q3cpma

Cowboy BeBop Live Action.

Only those who haven't seen the original anime will be able to watch this.
  11. q3cpma

Understanding the Genelec Ones design

Now that's an idea I hadn't thought of. Would be cool.
  12. q3cpma

Understanding the Genelec Ones design

Must read: * AudioXpress review for the slot/waveguide patent: https://audioxpress.com/article/patent-review-loudspeaker-with-a-wave-guide * Genelec's own whitepaper...
  13. q3cpma

Meyer Sound Amie & Subwoofer detailed measurements

Too bad about the non-constant directivity and price.
  14. q3cpma

Fact or Crap? There is no replacement for displacement.

Motional feedback is the only mechanism I know of that can increase usable excursion, but even then it simply doesn't replace more woofer area.
  15. q3cpma

GGNTKT M3 yes M3 Formerly known as M2!

Wouldn't you be able to reclaim a bit of power by offering a cardioid tuning in between the 30 Hz (which I doubt is that useful when it's well below usual transition frequencies) and natural 200 Hz? Something like 100 Hz, for example.
  16. q3cpma

So you'll also get a max SPL at fixed THD graph? Because I really wonder how loud it can get.
  17. q3cpma

Looking incredible. If it is near 10~11k €, it'll beat the crap out of D&D and Kii. Now, if only it had something like Dirac (or better, a cross-platform soft by the DSP maker) inside, it'd be literally perfect.
  18. q3cpma

The Concept Album - Vote!

There are some good metal ones too, for example: * Atrocity - (1990) Hallucinations * Dream Theater - (1999) Metropolis, Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory * Queensrÿche - (1988) Operation: Mindcrime * Cultes des Ghoules - (2016) Coven, or Evil Ways Instead of Love Anyway, I (as someone who doesn't...
  19. q3cpma

Why are coaxials so rare?

This is possibly the ugliest man-made thing on Earth.
Top Bottom