Search results

1. Brianc

1More Sonoflow NC Headphone Review

For long portions of the burn-in there was no audible sound. Don't know if that's intentional or if the frequencies were inaudible or what, but regardless I heard no difference between pre and post burn in. I just used them a bit on a short flight. Noise cancelling is good enough, but about an...
  2. Brianc

I've been using the burn-in too. Figure it can't hurt and it costs nothing. The phases get longer. Phase 3, which I'm about 2/3 into, is over 60 hours.
  3. Brianc

So now that it has custom eq, if the cups fit your ears better these would merit a golfing panther?
  4. Brianc

Just got these, before seeing the ASR review, and here's not only a good review but in the comments an eq setting for the app that I like a lot! Thanks! These are a very good value. Just big enough for my head and ears so they're quite comfortable (the light weight definitely helps). Only...
  5. Brianc

ifi Zen CAN Review (Headphone Amp)

Is it the usual case for balanced mode to REDUCE output with low impedance headphones?
  6. Brianc

HD600 Qudelix custom cable

That's what I linked to, if I understand you correctly.
  7. Brianc

HD600 Qudelix custom cable

I like the Hart Audio cables. Get the shortest 2.5mm balanced https://hartaudiocables.com/collections/interconnects/products/ic-4-2-5mm-trrs and the 18" split for Senns https://hartaudiocables.com/collections/headphone-cables/products/hc-5-dual-senn?variant=32174648393809. Now you can use...
  8. Brianc

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

How do you determine if a pair is pre 2020? Bought used so not sure.
  9. Brianc

What are we listening to right now..

Igor Levit, "Tristan". Huge dynamic range.
  10. Brianc

ifi Zen CAN Review (Headphone Amp)

Auditioning a used Zen Can v1 before possible purchase. Like it a lot paired with Qudelix via the rear 3.5mm input and driving Senn 6xx. Crossfeed effect is quite nice. What's a reasonable offer for it usd?
  11. Brianc

DT 900 PRO X Review | These new Beyerdynamic headphones are excellent!

Any thoughts on the 3 pin XLR connector? It might be my biggest negative on the 700x. Its size causes the cable to hit my collar bone area when the headband ajustment is maxed out. Pretty annoying. (if you look at my profile pic note how the left cable on Peter's Koss cans rides above his collar...
  12. Brianc

Beyerdynamic 700 pro x, subjective impressions

Adding another "con": the XLR connection at the earcup. When I have the headband adjusted to the max (necessary for me to avoid the strong clamp) the connector--or the cable actually at the point it joins the plug-- touches my collar area which can be annoying. Plus it's a 3 pin connector not 4...
  13. Brianc

Sony Xperia 5 IV Audio Review

Wish the Sony Walkman streamers were available in US, but given this poor review maybe they aren't any good either...
  14. Brianc

Had the 700x for a couple of days. Impressive right out of the box. Pros: Neutral balance that doesn't demand eq. Nice soundstage/imaging. Comfortable though those with extra large heads may not find it so. Adjustment range is just big enough for my somewhat long...
  15. Brianc

I have the 700s on order. Agree with a lot of what you said about closed backs. I've had and loved the Audioquest Nightowls (discontinued) for several years but their tonal balance is unique to say the least. With eq (and, with some music, even without) I think they are a very involving...
  16. Brianc

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

Has anyone updated to 2.1 firmware yet? I'm hoping it corrects some of the glitches of the 2.0 upgrade (app crashing mainly)
  17. Brianc

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

I have gotten balanced cables for 3 different headphones since getting the Qudelix, all from Hart Audio. Great cables and not terribly expensive. I use a common 2.5 mm interconnect for two of them with 18 inch y split cables for the respective headphones, so that saved a bit of money, but I've...
  18. Brianc

Movies with great music in them?

Not everyone liked The Artist (2011) and how it used old film scores, but I thought it was well done. Also don't get why using old film scores is unoriginal but using old pop music isn't.
  19. Brianc

"Secrets" about the consumer audio business you may find interesting

Good point about assumptions regarding mass market products. For too long I let my snobby music tastes (dislike most mainstream stuff) influence my views on the products I listened with, i.e. I shunned most mass market audio gear--would have been worse if I'd had the wallet to buy the high-end...
  20. Brianc

Adding a 10-band PEQ to a DAC - What is holding manufacturers back?

I'm tempted by the Flex but it has way more functionality than I need so can't justify the price. I basically want a Topping DX3 pro with analog inputs and PEQ for ~$300.
Top Bottom