Search results

1. M

Why do NOS dacs sound different to oversampling designs?

Is this means, they are not oversampling DAC chips, only to be fed with oversampled data? PCM56 as well?
  2. M

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I have listened now to the Jds Labs Atom and the Loxjie D10. Using a Grado headphone. They have totally different sound. They have similar good measurement. So measurements are good for nothing. It would be better make a warning about the Atom because it has no metal chassis. Of course Amir did...
  3. M

The ABX test of ABX tests

No. People usually cannot make a difference between 320k mp3 vs FLAC. It is a scientific fact that there is difference. But you cannot prove it in blind test. So any blind testing is an invalid, failed, wrong method. "being influenced by preconceptions" Why is that a problem? If you buy a...
  4. M

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

Please, stop this bullshit. My Sansa Clip+ mp3 player has better sound than my Jds Atom amp. So what are the measurements good for? For nothing.
  5. M

Nordost Tyr 2 Review (USB Cable)

It is not false claims. You only cannot measure sound quality.
  6. M

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

It doesn't improve the measurements or the listening experience/perceived music quality?
  7. M

Are you a Subjectivist or an Objectivist?

I am a believer in science! Unfortunately this site is scientific only in its name. Amir recommends amplifiers with plastic case. Atom and Geshelli etc. I was cheated out of $166. An real engineer will never recommend a basically faulty device. If you unlucky this will you get
  8. M

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

This is why the plastic case is a "good" idea. YT video It is a shame if this so-called scientific site does not know this fact.
  9. M

Loxjie D40 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

I see more expensive devices have better SINAD. So audiophiles are right after all.
  10. M

Technical Pro VU Meter Review

A real audiophile will not use christmas-lights. Pfffff. Ordinary users who like Christmas, yes, they will. Btw every house party/disco had an organ of light. You stare at the graphs, how much better is that?
  11. M

Amazon Basics Optical Coax DAC Review

In a proper double blind test you will not hear a difference between this $14 device and the Topping D90SE.
  12. M

Most open headphone with the wind in and out?

Thank you! You gave me a great idea! I am always making experimental new pads for my Grado using sponges. So I am going to cut ventilating holes into those. why didn't i think about it first?
  13. M

I always wanted to buy a Stax. But it is $1000 with an energizer amp. :)
  14. M

Thank you! This F1 is a great idea. I see the Sony MDR-MA900 is similar. But I cannot buy them as new. IEM is not a good idea, closed ear-canals and I do not want to push something into my ears. I am sensitive for that, unfortunately.
  15. M

I have a Sennheiser HD555 which one is a so-called open headphone. Which is a fat lie because if you watch a disassembly video you can see it is very crowded inside. Almost closed. HD555 repair. My ears get warm and sweaty when I am using it for long hours. So is there a more "airy-windy"...
  16. M

Hifi Forum TDA-1541A DAC Review

And you would not hear a difference between this one and the Topping D90 in a proper double blink test.
  17. M

Grado SR60x Review (on ear headphone)

My SR60e has great bass using +9 dB EQ low shelf under 200 Hz. Using this EQ with the HD6XX, the result is terrible. Yes the Grado has 2 kHz peak in measurements, but I have never problem with that. But my HD6XX is piercing my ears often, I do not know what the exact frequency is the problem...
  18. M

Hi end professional studio monitors vs hi end "hi-fi" speakers

I do not understand this topic. Amir said the Sony Z110 headphone with EQ is audiophile. So you can use your smartphone speaker or this bluetooth speaker. Only you need EQ it to the Harman target. And everything is perfect. Only an audiofool buys a bigger and more expensive speaker. (cheated out...
Top Bottom