Search results

1. pozz

ASR Review & Measurement Dashboards 2.0

I unfortunately can't participate this time. Apologies.
  2. pozz

Developer Help With Review Index/Search

I unfortunately can't participate this time. Apologies.
  3. pozz

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

@amirm @AdamG247 @BDWoody This is in full violation of the rules here. My apologies in advance. ASR is about as close as I get to social media and I'd like to share a few thoughts. I'm a long time immigrant from Russia, but I have family in both Ukraine and Russia, including some that are at...
  4. pozz

Rigid sound absorption material?

@darkinners What kind of speakers are you using? Also, is your room already treated? To answer your original question, I think you could use some flat Auralex foam. It's durable. Try fixing those broad peaks at 300-400Hz and 600-800Hz. If you dial in a tilt instead of EQing to flat the...
  5. pozz

Could you please upload your mdat measurement file? (In a zip. You can't attach it directly.) It will be easier to examine the measurements.
  6. pozz

You are making a lot of assumptions. We have no measurements and no sense the OP's space or speakers. A null around a few hundred Hz due to desk bounce is a regular problem. If you don't want to call it comb filtering, don't, but the phenomenon is there.
  7. pozz

It won't. Not for that frequency range.
  8. pozz

dac can one hear measured differenced

Stick with what you have. It is quite good. Usually not, but there are heavy caveats depending what kind of measurements you have in mind.
  9. pozz

In what sense does it not exist? Short answer is that there is nothing that thin that reaches that low. Usual solutions are elevating, tilting or relocating the speakers to stands, depending on room layout of course.
  10. pozz

Question on in-ear microphones

These "in ear" microphones are not quite that. They block your ear canal, which determines the shape of high frequencies. You can still get some useful midrange information for headphones since the concha effects from the shape of your ear will be preserved. And provided you are consistent in...
  11. pozz

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

I bought mine 3-4 years ago with the FlexRange addition. The panel is definitely hard, with nothing between it and the fabric face. They worked pretty well to clean up the SBIR range, although below 100Hz their effectiveness dropped.
  12. pozz

You mean when he says: "For audiophiles who just want the best bass in one listening chair, I've found that about half of the rooms we test need one sub and the other half are better served with two." Yeah, I agree. Once you learn how to listen for positional bass variations it will drive you...
  13. pozz

Does Silent Sound Presentation System work, how and why would it work or not?

Ray, this is not the same at all. The patent mentioned is about techniques for subliminal messaging.
  14. pozz

What makes speakers "disappear " and can it be measured?

The main factor for disappearing speakers is a higher proportion of reverberant sound. The more diffuse the soundfield, the less directional information you pick up.
  15. pozz

These are not the best examples of bass traps: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/bass-trap.23870/post-802732 Although GIK does offer a panel option for the Monster series. Not exactly. If you want a source, Toole (partly humorously) refers to moving subs around as...
  16. pozz

High frequency hearing and thresholds

A control in scientific literature is a method that produces known, verifiable, repeatable results. They are included in experiments to compare their known results to those which form the goal of the experiment. I like this definition here: "Controls eliminate alternate explanations of...
  17. pozz

The concern is this table. It purports ultrasonic hearing thresholds at very high SPL. The question to ask is what were the subjects responding to? To the pure tone or to audible distortion due to the low quality piezo driver or resonances in the construction? A further question to ask is...
  18. pozz

If you look up my posting history I've written about this at least a dozen times or more, providing sources. The methodology and results are useless without controls in place. This is the same thing we repeat here time and again when a less-informed member joins to relate their experience...
  19. pozz

Again, another paper that doesn't control for distortion (apart from, bizarrely, in the electronics), has questionable data and references a well known camp of Japanese researchers whose research has the same flaws and others. There are no measurements for the designed "ultrasound source". In...
  20. pozz

Does Silent Sound Presentation System work, how and why would it work or not?

Consider that you are asking questions about a patent that's only referenced in conspiracy theories. You mention an anecdote about the Gulf War, and describe the claim of the device, and ask how it could work. Why would you ask about the mechanism if there is no evidence of the device being made...
Top Bottom