Search results

1. feynman

MiniDSP SHD Dirac Live Rivals

The Flex is certainly a great match, and came out only shortly after I got my full SHD. Mostly I'm curious as to whether any non-MiniDSP competition has appeared in the last couple of years.
  2. feynman

MiniDSP SHD Dirac Live Rivals

A few years later - same question. I sold my SHD, kinda regretted it...so I have this question again. I'm looking for decent room correction, USB DAC, one analog input, a remote control for volume, balanced output to power amp, Airplay/bluetooth (not absolutely necessary as the computer is a...
  3. feynman

<Sold> MiniDSP SHD

Officially sold. Thank you. I can't edit the original post now it seems.
  4. feynman

<Sold> MiniDSP SHD

The SHD is a clever device, and it opened my eyes to the power of room correction. I had been using REW for a bit, but I wanted to try Dirac in a new system I put together. The ability to save a few different presets and calibrations was great, and whatever magic Dirac does was pretty...
  5. feynman

<Sold> MiniDSP SHD

This appears to be sold. Once the sale is finalized I'll close the thread. Thank you for all of the quick interest.
  6. feynman

<Sold> MiniDSP SHD

It is. The Dirac license is tied directly to the device. If you buy any such device, you just register/create an account on the MiniDSP site, and they'll put all you need in a user download folder. Info here...
  7. feynman

<Sold> MiniDSP SHD

Purchased new last year, and still in excellent as-new condition. Includes original packaging. Local Phoenix area preferred, but I could be talked into shipping it as well. Asking $900 (+shipping/fees if necessary). Thanks for looking, and please let me know if you have any questions. -mitch
  8. feynman

801 Repair Guidance Thread

I just contacted him through their primary sales email. I gather it's a small operation. [email protected] https://www.falconacoustics.co.uk/ Good luck.
  9. feynman

I am long overdue for a proper thank you to everyone who who helped me restore the old 801s to greatness. First and by far the most important, @sergeauckland …without exaggeration, none of this would have happened without his guidance. He taught me to solder, to analyze schematics, to source...
  10. feynman

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

New Buckeye Day all around. I think we both have a nice weekend ahead of us.
  11. feynman

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I suppose my reply may not rightly belong in a review thread, but since there is a lot of discussion around your situation on the Flex…perhaps the larger SHD would better fit your needs.
  12. feynman

Apple Music or Spotify...can't decide

...or an eBay 2nd Gen Airport Express that supports Airplay 2. I see them as low as $10 sometimes.
  13. feynman

Apple Music or Spotify...can't decide

I like that Apple Music allows me to play different music on different devices at the same time (Spotify Connect switches among one active device). I like that Apple pays the artists more (though I haven't examined this closely enough to know much). I like Spotify's discovery suggestions, but...
  14. feynman

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

It tends to be confusing...in some (most?) cases it would be better to buy the unbalanced version if you are using unbalanced inputs, then connect the unbalanced output to the balanced input on the amp/monitors via properly terminated cables. This is frequently misunderstood (most often by...
  15. feynman

I won't...just pointing out that people say lots of things...but I just want these back to their original design.
  16. feynman

Thank you. This whole thing is largely your fault. :)
  17. feynman

Thank you.
  18. feynman

I have picked up a lovely pair of B&W 801 Series 80, built mid-1981. The cabinets and grills are in great condition. They have some audible electrical issues, and I want to restore them to their original glory (no upgrades/mods, yet). Some general wisdom seems to be to bypass those...
  19. feynman

Found: 801

Found a nice local pair from a nice local ASR member. Thanks, all.
Top Bottom