Search results

1. capitanharlock

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

Any news about the promised Roon certification?
  2. capitanharlock

Luxman SQ-N150 Review (Tube Amplifier)

It depends: if you think to couple it to low efficiency speakers, then it's a waste. If you use it with a pair of very high efficiency (horn?) speakers, it could work well. Of course you can't have the same measures of a transistor amp with high counter-reaction (hope the English translation is...
  3. capitanharlock

Luxman SQ-N150 Review (Tube Amplifier)

Listening to a 10w tube amp, using low efficiency 87db Infinity loudspeakers is going to get the exact results Amir got: it sounds awful.
  4. capitanharlock

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

Just bought a used Anthem AVM70 at a good price, but I am very disappointed that the Roon certification is still missing. I will check how the new beta Arc Genesis performs...
  5. capitanharlock

Genelec W371A + The Ones : My quest for the Grail is over

Why not optimal, I remember Genelec advise to place them close to the back walls…
  6. capitanharlock

Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 Review (Streamer & DAC)

How is the Roon core connected? Are you using the Core from some other endpoint? Never had an Issue with my Mini I-3 when cabled.
  7. capitanharlock

Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 Review (Streamer & DAC)

I would check your network connection. Unfortunately the wifi connection of the Mini is very weak, so I suggest you to use powerlan or a cable if you are not very close to your access point.
  8. capitanharlock

Good Dac / Nice DAC and VU meter

That's it. I use it mainly with Roon. If you don't use Roon better to choose something else, you lose some features.
  9. capitanharlock

Great choice, got a Matrix mini-i3, but still think I should have bought this one.
  10. capitanharlock

I see, but the topic‘s author, as many of us, has a budget, and those T+A are way over this budget.
  11. capitanharlock

It’s only 6k euro. But nice looking.
  12. capitanharlock

Confused about DACs ranking compared to price tags (and diverse questions)

I don't know if the DCS Bartok is smooth, very smooth, too smooth or soso smooth. But I know that, for a Dac that costs like a good small car, that display is outrageous. Small, low resolution. And no, at this price tag the usual excuse "but the sound it's the only important thing" it's not...
  13. capitanharlock

The T+A Dac 200 costs around 5k. The Teac with the vu meters is an integrated amp. The Shanling is very limited and uses its own app, a deal breaker. Yes, the Rme has a very "pro" look, and that's why it costs a reasonable amount of money. At the moment, I would consider the Rme or the SPL.
  14. capitanharlock

Placing the display on top it's so weird...
  15. capitanharlock

It would be another box, with another mount (to buy separately), and some other cables. Replacing the Toppings with the Rme it’s the best option in my opinion.
  16. capitanharlock

It’s a completely different beast, useful mostly for music producers.
  17. capitanharlock

If you need analog vu-meters, the SPL are the cheapest ones. If you can settle for digital ones, I would consider this, it fits your bill too.
  18. capitanharlock

Of course the vu-meters don't have any influence on sound, they disappeared 'cause they cost, and the manufacturers persuaded the audiophiles that without them (and tone controls, and many other useful features) the audio gears would have sounded better. One of the few headphone amp with a real...
  19. capitanharlock

Plex vs Roon

Using the Plex app the result is the same. Even using Plex trough the browser. Only 44k or the Windows mixer frequency. Using Roon it's working as expected.
Top Bottom