Search results

1. M

Is Soekris dac1321 worth buying?

My knowledge on this matter is quite limited - I wouldn't be able to make a valve amplifier myself - I only can report what I hear. This is a push-pull amplifier using a pair of EL34 valves in each channel (it can also play in "linear" mode, but with circa half of the power - not enough for my...
  2. M

No, Mr Funny Guy, she was in the same room. My wife is a classically trained musician, she plays piano (not professionally, but quite good). She is not an audiophile, but is able to hear more nuances in sound than I. Maybe because she cannot hear in one ear after disease in childhood her second...
  3. M

Review and Measurements of Topping D90 4499DAC

...plus shipment. Circa 10 EUR in France. AFAIR much more if you live in other european country - like in my case, but I'm happy Topping D70 owner, fortunately :).
  4. M

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

Unfortunately, there is no detailed manual in the box and I haven't seen such in the web. I think the best way to find out what to do is ask Topping guy directly. Someone from Topping was active here on ASR forum, I saw his detailed explanation how to set up D70 on "DAC only" mode. I don't...
  5. M

I can't say for sure, I use RCA and don't have optical wire. RCA and everything on the back I can check with my fingers seems to be very solid and stable. All this box (metal, pieces precisely connected) seems to be solid done. First impression is good. Sorry that I can't help more.
  6. M

OK, so what you wanna know? Amir did his job very well, as always - just jump to page 1 in this topic if you wanna know numbers. Technical data? Inputs, outputs, DSD range etc. - all is known too since day one. I own and listen to Topping D70 for over two weeks. Are you interested in my opinion...
  7. M

You are looking for information? What for?... These wise men who know better already told you: all DACs sound the same. Better remember their kind advise: if you dare have a different opinion, find yourself another forum :facepalm:
  8. M

"you are the first person to be able to hear the infamous ESS hump anyway." "Superhuman talents you have." "I also have paranormal ability - I can tell which cards you hold in your hand by looking at them." "You are 'hearing differences' that so far no one on the planet has been able to reliably...
  9. M

In my case difference was bigger, I suppose. My Marantz CD6006 with its years-old Cirrus-Logic DAC is probably not as good as D50. To be honest, my first impression was totally different than yours - I simply didn't expect as big progress. But don't worry - it's very possible someone here will...
  10. M

I can't compare my D70 to D50, but bass played by Topping D70 is definitely better controlled than played by my previous source, Marantz CD6006 wit Cirrus Logic chip, same as in Topping D30 AFAIK. It is deeper too.
  11. M

Thank you for your advice, but all is done, I bought a new DAC. I finally decided Topping D70 will be a better choice. Sounds much better than Cirrus-Logic in my Marantz CD6006. I'm very happy with all changes in sound. My speakers seem to be happy with a new companion, high tones are harsh only...
  12. M

Mates, after one week since I received Topping D70 I can say: don't hesitate, buy this DAC. I payed 440 USD and I'm very happy with its sound. It's worth much more. 400 USD is a real bargain. Very natural sound.
  13. M

Impressions, part II. Do you know "The Ambient Collection" Art of Noise? Beautiful remix, very relaxing. Highly recommend it. It is also well recorded. Sound is spacious, a lot of interesting things happen in the background. I know this record very well, all changes are obvious to me. This time...
  14. M

Jeez, man... I don't talk to people about their religion, so I'm not going to explain you how wrong is your attitude. I don't care you believe in Jesus, Flying Spaghetti Monster, Allah, Cthulhu or this strange Compare Them Blind diety you probably worship. It's your private thing. Untill you try...
  15. M

I said very clear my Topping D70 arrived today and I had an opportunity to play with this toy for very limited time. I'm pretty sure it was obvious for everyone - including you - there was no "blinding and level matching procedure". So, your "question" was not a question really. It was a...
  16. M

Man, are you kidding me?... Don't walk this path, please.
  17. M

Arrived today! My precioooouuuuusssssss... :) I had time only for "Flamenco Sketches" (from "Kind of Blue"), Jarrett's "Koeln Concert" (not all) and "Winter" from Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" by Giuliano Carmignola and Venice Baroque Orchestra. Now I a have to cut grass in a garden before my lovely...
  18. M

425$ - on Drop again. Great price for USA, but for EU citizens summa summarum it's a bargain too. Two days left: https://drop.com/buy/topping-d70-dac
  19. M

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

Yungchen Lhamo, wonderful Tibetan vocalist living in exile (as you know, Tibet is occupied by China). Free Tibet!
  20. M

Man, you scared the shit out of me! :oops: I will get my TD70 on Monday, just payed border tax and VAT... Hell, I hope it will play well! According to all guys who bought it already, it's great, beautiful performing DAC. Well, I wanna believe it's something more than just honeymoon blindness :)...
Top Bottom