Search results

1. sojer2005

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Hi, does anyone have an idea why I hear crackling/interruptions when I connect a cm108 based usb to optical converter via toslink? The converter works rather well, no crackles when I connect it to the chord mojo dac via toslink. The x16 optical input works fine if I connect a tv with optical out...
  2. sojer2005

Does anyone use X16 with a PS5 console? I'm talking about a USB to optical converter and then via optical input to the X16. I have connected a usb to optical converter based on CM108 and I hear a lot of crackling... edit: No crackling if I use a PCM2704 card as a usb to optical converter.
  3. sojer2005

Gustard X18 Review (Stereo DAC)

I'm curious about some subjective comparisons to the X16 I own. Probably an upgrade to X18 won't do much...
  4. sojer2005

Gustard X16 Owners feedback...

The upgrade process itself is not very complicated. If I can do it, anyone can. The process of uploading the new firmware took literally a few seconds in my case.
  5. sojer2005

I have just applied the MCU update. Does this update fixes something else or only the DSD bug? @gustard
  6. sojer2005

I have zero interest in dsd... I was thinking about upgrading firmware just for fun, but this soldering thing maybe to much for me ... is it really necessary?
  7. sojer2005

strange SMSL M500 high 3rd harmonic

Is Gustard X26 Pro also affected by this DC issue? I have X16 for now, using XLR out.
  8. sojer2005

Hi, do you turn X16 off or leave it on standby (always on) while not in use?
  9. sojer2005

I mean it is tonally even. I don't like too much bass slamming into face, that is in contrast to Ares II which I briefly have had.
  10. sojer2005

Finally the X16 is in my hands. Sturdy build quality, nice sounding without overwhelming bass response. There is no need for a firmware upgrade?
  11. sojer2005

PlayStation 5 audio capabilities

Hi, but the PS5 is not grounded. The plug has only two pins. The PS5 is actually quite a powerful computer, so maybe the graphics card / processor is generating this noise. I don't know ... currently I use a USB to optical converter and the sound is good, no hissing.
  12. sojer2005

Hi, please don't bash me ;) , but I want to ask about this ESS hump. If the DAC is set to 0dB and connected directly to the integrated amplifier, then it won't be a problem at all? Is this ESS hump audible at all, if so, how is it manifested? This X16 looks like a sweet deal... but I am...
  13. sojer2005

Hi, I am looking for a new DAC for my primary setup. I have Hegel H120 amp and a pair of Harbeth speakers. For now I am using Hegel's internal DAC (AK4490EQ). I have tested Denafrips Ares II, but I did not like it. Now I am looking at Chord Qutest, but X16 cought my eye due to favorable reviews...
  14. sojer2005

Yes, CM108 / 108B is working fine with PS5. I have tested it in my setup.
  15. sojer2005

Will the CM108 Usb Audio I/o Controller be compatible with PS5?
  16. sojer2005

Ok, I have made little experiment with PCM2707 USB DAC which have also toslink out. I have connected toslink to Hegel amp DAC and no more hiss from PS5 USB out ;) so PS5 USB -> PCM2707 -> toslink -> Hegel amp/dac -> clear sound without any hiss
  17. sojer2005

So maybe Hegel's USB input is a piece of crap? ... I would like to try Optical in, would Behringer U-CONTROL UCA222 be well suited for PS5 USB audio out? Would such device eliminate potential noise from usb? But I dont know if PS5 would recognize it?
  18. sojer2005

Thanks for that.
  19. sojer2005

Hi, Have you noticed that USB audio output from PS5 is very noisy? I have connected USB out to my Hegel H120 amp (DAC) and the hiss is extremely loud on high volume. I wanted to use wired headphones instead of my wireless headset but the hiss is very annoying....
Top Bottom