Search results

1. Nemo

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Impressive achievement, and kudos to DCA for using modern technologies and good engineering in their designs. I am curios about the ~2.5db "bump" at around 100-150Hz, that is the only deviation from the Harmann target, and clearly was well received by @amirm: I'll definitively try to add that...
  2. Nemo

Brand new to forum, looking for guidance setting up raspberry pi 4 as dedicated music server, the best player to use, no streaming.

Thank you for your response. I tried connecting two other drives (128GB thumb drive, 4TB HDD) and both worked. All three drives were identically formatted to NTFS. The SSD still works perfectly in bth my Mac and (work) Windows computer, but it is not recognized by the Pi4, so I ended buying a...
  3. Nemo

Brand new to forum, looking for guidance setting up raspberry pi 4 as dedicated music server, the best player to use, no streaming.

Thanks again, That also made no difference, I'm afraid. The drive works perfectly on both my personal Mac and my Windows work computer. I also tried changing the USB protocol on the MoOde system configuration to no avail... The drive has an LED that shines Orange on the USB 2 hubs, and Blue on...
  4. Nemo

Thanks for your response. I cannot see the drive even after rebooting a few times, unplugging the SSD... When I hit refresh or update the circle appears for a few seconds, but of course it only sees the SD card: anything else I should try?? Thanks!!
  5. Nemo

I see you are running MoOde from a local USB library, so perhaps you can help me: I just installed MoOde 7.2 on a Pi4 and got t working wireless (WiFi) connected to my USB DAC, but however, I cannot find how to choose my SSD USB (NTFS) as my library. The instructions call for plugging the drive...
  6. Nemo

Moode 7.1 and Camilla DSP

I purchased a pi4 and planning to test Moode this weekend for a desktop headphone system first. My headphone (Ether CX) is not in the innerfidelity list: can I simply use the parametric EQ? Any other installation tips, beyond checking Moode's Set Up guide? BTW, I got an Argos One case.. At the...
  7. Nemo

New to Mac...inevitable questions.....

I have been on Mac laptops since 2004 or so: what I use is XLD, and works like a charm with a USB CD peripheral https://sourceforge.net/projects/xld/ I hope this helps
  8. Nemo

EQ advice needed after pad change (Ether CX)

Hi there! I got the perforated leather/velour pads. They are higher quality than the originals, with smooth surfaces and firm but still comfortable lining. The inner space is bigger, and that alone makes them worthwhile for me. I do not think they change the tonality at all after having...
  9. Nemo

JBL 4349 Review (Studio Monitor Speaker)

There is something special indeed to high-efficiency speakers: there is no way to fit these type of speakers to my family lifestyle, but I understand you: enjoy them!
  10. Nemo

Wow, thanks @Jose Hidalgo: this is very useful, and I'll surely explore these :cool:
  11. Nemo

Thank @solderdude for his responses. I discovered the cause for the shift in frequency response was due to a software glitch, and we are back to normal, i.e. great sound! As a side note, it is interesting how I can lower the listening volume so much now and enjoy my music ;)
  12. Nemo

Thanks for responding: I am surprised that you do not use digital EQ, probably you do not use a computer as a source... Do you know how to calculate the pre-amp adjustment for a given EQ change? A brief search did not produce any useful results. Thanks again!
  13. Nemo

Hi there, This weekend I replaced the original Ether CX worn-out pads with ZMF Auteur. The original pads were a little tight for my anatomy from the beginning, but as they aged the drivers were just touching my ears, making weeing them a little tiring. Withe the help of another remember...
  14. Nemo

[Beta-testers wanted] Multi-Automation Tool (M.A.T) for Equalizer APO

I am Spaniard (de Malaga, aunque vivo en Washington DC ;) RPi is Rasperry Pi, I already have a streamer based on it, but it is in storage :(
  15. Nemo

[Beta-testers wanted] Multi-Automation Tool (M.A.T) for Equalizer APO

I am on a Mac platform, moving to a RPi once we move to a new place, hopefully by summer, so I can not be a beta tester, but I nevertheless wanted to thank you for sharing this with our community :) Keep up the good work!
  16. Nemo

Measurements & Preview of Holo Audio Spring 3 DAC / wPreamp (Prototype)

Color me impressed! I love to see the technical progress achieved by solid engineering and extensive testing, together with such attention to detail at a very reasonable price point: nice!! We do live in a golden age for audio electronics, and transducers are getting there!
  17. Nemo

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

I got hooked to coffee in college, but not for the caffeine rush: it was the social aspect of meeting friends over coffee that won me over. Naturally it wasn't long before we started trying different cafes, and discussed the merits of different beans, brews, etc. Lattes or Flat Whites are my...
  18. Nemo

New technology: printed loudspeaker paper!

Good day! Here is something I found, and though some members would enjoy, even if the technology targets low-bandwidth applications: Surround sound from lightweight roll-to-roll printed loudspeaker paper "In our T-RING prototype, an almost four-meter-long track with 56 individual...
  19. Nemo

Help and ideas for ASR Merchandize

That is exactly what I was talking about ;)
Top Bottom