Search results

1. stefan2305

Higher quality Stereo vs AVR

Wow that was fast! Cool, thank you so much! I suspected the amplification would be the biggest issue here, but didn't really know to what degree. That helps a lot! Thanks!
  2. stefan2305

Higher quality Stereo vs AVR

I'm not sure if the title of this post makes sense, but I'm hoping someone can help me out with some guidance here. So I'm not new to the audio hobby (mostly have spent my time in the Headphones/IEMs world), but I'm still fairly new to the Home Theater/Speakers space. At the moment I've got a...
  3. stefan2305

Review and Measurements of IOM NCore Pro PWR Amp

You're right. Alright. I'll temper myself and give it a wait. Thought about other benefits of XLR in the meantime (being able to do a 9-10 meter run without much, if any, signal loss) if I wanted to keep my RME ADI-2 DAC on my desk and use it's XLR output for the power amp in the living area...
  4. stefan2305

I suppose, but to my knowledge avoiding ground loops isn't really that hard in most cases, no?
  5. stefan2305

That's actually a really good point. I went through their Data sheets for the entire MP lineup and found only a single mention of balanced connections being the following: "Balanced or Unbalanced All Hypex modules are completely balanced for optimal performance. The modules can be connected to...
  6. stefan2305

This backorder on the Audiophonics MPA-NC252MP XLR is killing me lol. They're offering me to order the RCA version instead, which is in stock, but having read the statement from the HypeX spec page makes me really wonder if I should just wait (quoted up to a month), or get the RCA version...
  7. stefan2305

Massdrop 789 vs. Monoprice 887 vs. SMSL SP200: THX amp measurement comparison

Ya know, the interesting thing is that previously, I would've seen a post like this and immediately began to salivate at the idea of buying something that will beat my THX AAA 789, but things have kind of changed for me. Ever since I spent a lot of time comparing the headphone output in...
  8. stefan2305

So, what are recommendable amps below 200$?

Other way around. That the amp may not be enough for the speakers. And more specifically, at the high end of volume. This may not be the case in actuality, but when I put them up at about 50/60 volume, it just felt like the speakers were starting to feel like they were struggling somehow. Not...
  9. stefan2305

@goodkeys So I got the DA-8. I'm thoroughly impressed by this thing. The very first thing I noticed was the lack of noise/hiss coming out of my speakers when nothing is playing. There's nothing at all. It's fantastic by comparison. Then, I forgot this thing has EQ built in and it's quite...
  10. stefan2305

& @goodkeys Will do. Might take a while though, since I just ordered it on Monday. It would be pretty cool if Amir could measure them as well. From what I've been seeing on the published measurements of the ICEpower module being used, it's quite a competent little amp so I'm very excited to try...
  11. stefan2305

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

This is definitely massively off-topic (so we should probably try to keep this short if anything), and I'm by no means an expert here, but I can attempt to tackle this a little bit. Anyone else can feel free and step in here if desired for correction and/or clarification. "A ground loop occurs...
  12. stefan2305

I think you're absolutely right on that. I was basically that exact scenario. Wanted to improve my gear...what did I do? Buy an iSilencer, iDefender, and iPurifier. End the end, I kept only the iDefender as it it's a pretty simple device that solves ground loops and it made a pretty significant...
  13. stefan2305

I just ordered one of these with the hope that it does indeed perform well, as it is part of the same family (stack) as the SU-8, which has been shown through Amirms measurements to be damn good. Thing is, for desktop use, it just doesn't seem like there's a lot of good options when space is a...
  14. stefan2305

I just wanted to pop in here to state my appreciation for @amirm and his measurements and work here. I've been rocking my iFi micro iDSD Black Label for about a year and a half now and I've always enjoyed it incredibly. The sheer amount of features and power it offers is impressive. But I was...
Top Bottom