Search results

1. L

Comparison of DRCs: Dirac Live for Studio, IK Multimedia ARC System 3 and Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio edition

Flat frequency response is not natural in a typical living space. Here it is better to use the "Harman Curve" and its varieties. I'm using a B&K 1974 Speaker target, this curve is ideal for a home environment.
  2. L

Comparison of DRCs: Dirac Live for Studio, IK Multimedia ARC System 3 and Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio edition

The sound you think is natural is actually the sound you are used to. "Usual" and "natural" are not the same thing.
  3. L

I think no. USB microphones have limitations, they will not work with some programs, for example, Sonarworks
  4. L

Harbeth 30.2 vs kef R3

I mean, have AMT tweeters mentioned in the research you are quoted?
  5. L

Harbeth 30.2 vs kef R3

Tell me please, I understand correctly what does this apply to the AMT (planar) tweeters?
  6. L

Are the posts above, as I understand it, intended to justify Dirac? :facepalm: But Dirac is a bad solution for the home, since it only gives the user a bare tool, without understanding how to use it correctly. The client is forced to change the frequency response curve at random and search for...
  7. L

Dirac limits the number of points at which you can manually change the frequency response curve. That is, you will no longer have a SOFT, Smooth curve, as in the above preset. Not to mention the fact that there is a specification with exact data for this curve, the curve is developed on the...
  8. L

Being able to move the mouse around the screen and press different keys does not mean that you can make a competent setting. You are substituting concepts.
  9. L

There is no need to blame the user because the client is not a professional acoustic engineer. I find it very funny that Sonarworks has a preset for normal listening, even though it's a studio product, and Dirac, which is designed for home HiFi, doesn't have the useful presets to enhance sound...
  10. L

Who made these presets? Amateur or professional? Here's the catch. Therefore, I do not like Dirac and ARC, they cannot offer a turnkey solution
  11. L

Since 1974, nothing has fundamentally changed in the speakers, I have a typical modern (not narrowly directional) tweeter and everything works great. And Dirac and ARC do not respect their customers, since they do not provide ready-made presets and force the client to search for information on...
  12. L

The problem is that you set the frequencies roughly, manually, and the preset is made by engineers in strict accordance with the specifications. That's the difference.
  13. L

In Sonarworks, there is a ready-made preset for stereo Hi-Fi listening in a typical room, this preset is designed by professionals and gives a good result in any typical room: Dirac and ARC don't have this preset, which is bad, because it forces you to adjust the sound "according to the...
  14. L

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

I do not advise buying JDS Labs products, one of my power supplies is broken, and the volume control is rustling on the amplifier. The new PSU was shipped free, but the overall quality is poor.
  15. L

Minidsp SHD Power Amplifier Review

Why Purifi? Texas makes great amplifiers. There are very competent engineers working in Texas and they perfectly understand that the parameters you tested are MUCH higher than the sensitivity threshold of any human ear.
  16. L

Review and Measurements of Klipsch PowerGate DAC & Amp

There are standards in audio technology that cannot be violated ... Yamaha was able to do this :-)
  17. L

Review and Measurements of Klipsch PowerGate DAC & Amp

Yamaha made a gross miscalculation in ergonomics for this amplifier .... used an encoder, but did not make a screen, the current level of the volume control can only be seen in the application for the phone, LOL)))
  18. L

Review and Measurements of Hypex NC400 DIY Amp

Show me where you can see the power supply thermal contact with the outer casing?
Top Bottom