Search results

1. A

Audible noise/hiss from Hypex NC502MP based amp (KJF MA-01), is it to be expected?

I had a similar issue with my NC502MP modules. Here is the TLDR of that thread https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/internal-ground-loop-in-apollon-ncmp6350-hypex-nc502mp.15971/post-534976 (Maybe it's the thread you found?) I did a lot of testing on my modules - one of the...
  2. A

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

Not sure that the Bass Control software has a specific internal limit. The HTP-1 supports up to 5 discrete sub channels. You could put multiple subs per channel as well assuming they are in a very similar location and run DLBC on that. Very powerful software. I have tested the beta and it works...
  3. A

People who buy processors typically want solid quality features and care less about beta features that look good on paper.
  4. A

Review and Measurements of Nord One NC500 Amp

I had the annoying high frequency hiss on my Apollon amp using the NC502 modules until I switched to a balanced preamp. Then it was all silent from there. I tried 2 different RCA-XLR (one of them being the Nord silver one) but both had the hiss. At least on the NC-modules you basically need a...
  5. A

StormAudio ISP 16 MK2 Review (AV Processor)

The performance difference between the storm and HTP-1 is not that crazy but the price is.
  6. A

The HTP-1 is for sure good enough. I've previously felt like my AVRs have been a bottleneck but not with the HTP-1. With Dirac Live Bass Control and multiple subs 2 channel is the best it's ever been in my current room.
  7. A

Aha ok I see what you are saying and that makes sense. That is I understand what you are saying about the crest factor but I'm calibrating with a THX pink noise(I've never really thought about the crest factor in the pink noise before for some reason). In the end I still have the question. Given...
  8. A

Revel F328Be Speaker Review

Nah that just some made up average like everything else. Some people hear 22kHz some 20kHz. Some hear 20Hz others 16Hz. There is a spectrum. Not being able to hear a note below 20Hz does not mean that you can't feel it. Most people have never experienced a sound system that can give you the...
  9. A

There is a difference between not having to spread out the subs to more than four locations and having four subwoofers. If you have 8 subs but they are grouped up in two locations you could basically just count them as two. Also there is a difference between diminishing returns of frequency...
  10. A

I'm not sure why you can tolerate incorrect bass in movies? The first issue people run into is exactly this that only one subwoofer is used. I'd say start at four and work your way up from there. Most of the time though the biggest issue people have even with four subs is the decay time in the...
  11. A

A truly high end system has extremely low distorsion and will play back 5Hz to 20kHz+ at extreme SPL while giving you crystal clear imaging from floor to ceiling and from front to back in a ~50m2 room. You can't fit enough driver cone area in two speakers to accomplish this. When you go deep...
  12. A

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

I like Gustard because it sounds almost like mustard and I like mustard, especially the spicy kind.
  13. A

NAD M33 Streaming Amplifier Review

I see what you are saying and for pure simplicity it does have it's place. However, take the Monoprice HTP-1 16 channel balanced processor($4000) for instance. It will give you 106dB SINAD at 2.2V and 97dB SINAD at 4V. It also has Roon built in but also not certified yet like the NAD. A...
  14. A

I do agree that it's always been expensive. Personally I would go for separates in that scenario.
  15. A

2 channel gear is so overpriced.
  16. A

The AVM70 is interesting for sure.
  17. A

Yes and you can have up to 5 subwoofers but at the cost of those channels being used up. Not sure what the combination limitations are but I guess you could run something like a 5.5.6 system.
  18. A

Anthem to introduce new models!

It will be interesting to see how the AVM70/90 measure on the bench.
  19. A

It does get expensive but relatively speaking it's a bargain. I've heard this a lot that it's expensive but in my mind it's the cheapest of anything in it's class even with the DLBC addon. Most of the competition is way more expensive and measures worse on the test bench in many ways as well...
  20. A

I've been running Dirac Bass Management with multiple subs since I first got the HTP-1 and it works great.
Top Bottom