Search results

1. M

Bose NC700 Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

Not seeing anything Amir has tested in the wireless category that rates as highly as the QC35 II, I also need the battery to last at least 15 hours.
  2. M

Appreciate the input, won't be using the noise cancelling so that is not an issue for me. I am in the UK so can pick up the QC35 II for $235 which is much cheaper than the NC700.
  3. M

Looking for peoples suggestions, should I go with the QuietComfort 35 II or the NC700's?
  4. M

Understanding Audio Frequency Response & Psychoacoustics (Video)

Wealth of information here as always, many thanks again for sharing your knowledge.
  5. M

Music: how loud is loud? (video)

Many thanks for talking about this topic, I learn a lot from your video and its answered many questions I had.
  6. M

Understanding Balanced Audio (video)

Thanks for the great video Amir & taking the time to make it, I learned quite a bit about balanced connections here.
  7. M

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

What is the best PCM filter to use or is that dependant on which headphone you are using?
  8. M

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

Just to clarify all measurements & EQ filters are with no filter pads installed?
  9. M

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

Thanks for the info, I will contact my dealer & see if he can get a hold of some for me.
  10. M

JBL HDI-3600 Speaker Review

Many thanks for the confirmation Amir.
  11. M

So I went ahead & purchased a pair of these for my home theatre which has two rows with the rear row being on a riser. The front row ear height is vertically 6 degrees below the tweeter. The rear row ear height is vertically 3 degrees above the tweeter. Now I know Amir said he recommends ear...
  12. M

Anyone know if these are available in Europe yet?
  13. M

Thanks for the info Amir, I am currently running Monitor Audio Radius 90's for my side, rear & height channels. I wanted to go for JBL HDI-1600 to match my HDI-3600's up front but I cannot afford to buy 5 pairs of them so these seem a good option & keeps everything JBL. I presume there are no...
  14. M

Would these be recommended for use as surround & height channels?
  15. M

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Many thanks to you both. I did try the AutoEQ filters but was not a fan of the sound but Amir's EQ sounds great to me. I will try them again, maybe I had them wrong. Is that extra bass filter optional? Wish I had found that thread on the List of Amir's Headphone PEQ's sooner, so much great...
  16. M

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Having owned a pair of HD800S's for over two years & never EQed them after reading Amir's review I decided to look into how to apply EQ to them. After much head scratching I believe I have worked it all out but can anyone here confirm that I am using the same filters that Amir recommended in...
  17. M

Just to clarify I will be sitting around 2.5 meters away from the speaker so I should not experience the vertical dispersion issue?
  18. M

I am not going to pretend I understand all this technical insight in this thread & trying to understand it all has probably confused me further :D So I will be honest, I have just been offered a pair of the HDI-3600's for $2400 from my dealer. They are ex display but I have looked them over &...
  19. M

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

What do you guys think the possibility is of getting hold of one of these amps within the next year? Other than paying a ridiculous amount for one off eBay.
  20. M

Review and Measurements of Monoprice THX Desktop DAC & Amp

After thinking it over I decided on the SMSL SU-8 just for future proofing as it has balanced outputs. I see you mention issues with low level linearity over the unbalanced connection on the SMSL SU-8, would this be audible when using it with the JDS LABS ATOM? I have been looking for an...
Top Bottom