Search results

1. H

A look inside the Sonos Port

I'm a little late to this party but I just took advantage of the Upgrade Offer from Sonos and upgraded two Connects to a Port and a Beam Gen 2. The previous Connect I had going into my B&O system and it sound flat and lacking dynamics until putting a DAC between the port and B&O which then...
  2. H

Budget DAC Review: behringer UMC204HD

I just moved up from the the JDS Atom to Topping A50s and it is a night and day upgrade. More detail more clarity, certainly more power. It's not balanced in but balanced out has a ton of headroom. I also upgraded my UMC202HD to a MotuM2. Great interface and actually with most IEMs it...
  3. H

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

As always, great review. I've got the JDS Atom v1 and have been considering upgrading it. I only run IEMs so I'm not sute what to get or if I even need to. Any comments or recommendations? I'm certain I will not power to drive Headphones as IEMs are my thing. Should I just stick with the Atom?
  4. H

That'll be no problem. Just set your default audio devices for input and output on the PC Default Input = Behringer Default Output = ODDAC
  5. H

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking but I use 2 dacs with my PC simultaneously: I connect both the UMC202HD and D50s to the PC via USB Hub. I use the UMC202HD as the default audio device and set the D50s for exclusive use with my media player (JRiver). There are other set up...
  6. H

I can tell you I use now a Sennheiser e935 with Fethead (requiring phantom power) and the MKE600 with my UMC202HD and both are pristine / clean as a whistle on the multiple zoom calls I do everyday. If you want to perserve battery on the MKE600, phantom power has you covered but it also works...
  7. H

The internals of the 202 and 204 should be the same with the only differences being the number or inputs and outputs. The Main outs are balanced. I just went through this with my 202. I took two 1/4 TS to RCA to 3.5 and it produced noise. Moving to 2 x 1/4 TRS to RCA to 3.5 eliminated it...
  8. H

I'm a conference speaker and corporate trainer, I even travel with it.... Sometimes I'll be doing a live workshop where the company has a few remote workers who can't travel in, and I hook up the 202HD, attach a wireless mic and broadcast what I'm doing live over zoom to the remotes....
  9. H

I've used it with 2 different Win 10 PCs (Surface Pro) and have no issues. Just install the driver before you plug it in and set it as default device. For me it's worked simply and flawlessly
  10. H

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

D10 + JDS Atom or K5 Pro? So, let me just throw this out there. If given the choice between a JDS Atom paired with the D10 DAC or a Stand Alone K5 Pro, which would you all go for? I've got the Atom, with D10 in shipping right now, but out of curiosity, searched eBay and a seller in NY has...
  11. H

Totally agree. For recording, it's flawless. As an audio interface it's a stunningly great piece of equipment and an unbelievable price and those. Midas preamps are very clean. The only downside is when used as a DAC for music playback, the outputs are anemic for audiophile use but for...
  12. H

I use mine for recording YouYube and Educational Videos so I'm not plugging in instruments but I do plug in Wirless Lavs, Dynamics and Condenser Mics and have absolutely no noise using XLR cables. Just clean rich sound.
  13. H

I've also got a UMC202HD and never considered using as a DAC until I came across this thread. I basically have been using it as a sound card and microphone input device and for feeding my desktop speaker for VOIP calls, Skype and various PC audio stuff. If I ever wanted to listen to JRiver...
  14. H

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

Yep, with Paypal buyer protection, I had to roll the dice. The order status shows "Shipped" I wrote and asked how they could do it... they said the whole store was on sale to clear inventory. I'll let you know.
  15. H

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

Just bought one! Was ready to get the d50s (I have the d50) but found this d10 new on ebay for $21 shipping included.... How could I say no? Anyway, looking forward Just bought one! I was about to pull the trigger on D50s (already have a D50) but found a D10 on ebay for $22 incl shipping...
  16. H

Hi there. I've been watching the thread for sometime and have a question io hope you can help me with. I've got the UMC202HD which I use as my audio interface for recording video with external mics. But I also listen to music with my iems off the P and was going to get a dac/Amp combo and now...
  17. H

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

Just got one and I love it! It replaced an Arcam RDAC which I used to feed my TV AND a Sonos Connect to my B&O system in my living room. The rDAC completely elevated the output of the connect and made the TV sound incredible. This little d50 blows the Arcam awayn the bass is deeper, more...
  18. H

Toppong D50 Ouput impedance?!

I'm a noob here on this forum and just bought the D50 to replace an ARCAM rDAC (which is for sale :-) but I've got a quick question about the new unit which is on its way. The D50 has a volume control and I'm not sure how to set that. I'll be taking the audio feed from a Sonos Connect (Fixed...
Top Bottom