Search results

1. G

Paradigm Persona,

Mine are in silver, I would have paid more to get them in black. I bought a dealer demo. Sorry for the late reply I dont make it back here for a while sometimes.
  2. G

Paradigm Persona,

No worry not rude at all. I paid 5k for my Persona's. So paying 1200 for a defiance sub was easier to swallow than buy the sub I really wanted. That being said when you have Arc turned off I do not care for the sub at all. With arc and crossover settings the way I want it sounds many times...
  3. G

Revel concerta2 M16 10/10 New in box

I will have to consider this, fairly tempting. Thank you.
  4. G

Paradigm Persona,

I think you will be impressed. With the room being treated you can really appreciate them. A little over a year later I still find things impressive about them. For comparison I have the following speakers in my home now that I listen to on a regular basis. Persona 3F Kef R5 Kef R3 and the...
  5. G

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

I am referring to their newest lineup. The mini atom is a real value. https://www.paradigm.com/en/passive/monitor-se-atom
  6. G

I'm building my man cave/theater. Where to put things?

Looking great. I have a upstairs loft for my theater room and I have been lost with style/function so cool to see other peoples spaces and ideas. Congrats and keep at it.
  7. G

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Paradigm Mini Monitor, list is 300 a pair but on sale for 250 or sometimes. They sound amazing on cheap amps and expensive amps. I bought a pair and love them on anything I put them on and a few friends have even bought them since hearing mine.
  8. G

Revel concerta2 M16 10/10 New in box

I wish the speaker grille was black. I think the black and white works. I have really grown to like white speakers. What are your thoughts on how they sound?
  9. G

Paradigm Persona,

I picked up a Defiance X12 sub to pair with my 3F's and with a Rotel amp. Using the Arc for the subwoofer was easy and game changing. Not saying it will challenge 9H but be so damn good I cant help but smile no matter what I play now. Honestly I thought the Persona's were "picky" when i got...
  10. G

Arcam AVR10 Review

^ This. I too have been wondering this for some time. I have anthem's Arc in my theater and it sounds amazing in there with the stock anthem amp which measures like crap. I dont listen to music in there unless its part of a movie score etc so maybe harder for me to tell.
  11. G

Measurements of Gustard P26 Preamplifier

Hi there, thank you for this review, very nice looking unit. Curious as Emotiva makes a preamp for $330 and I have 2. Both seem transparent to me but I don't care for their integrated dac chip. But using an external dac and sources the Emotiva has been really good to me. Any chance that we...
  12. G

Booked my room for AXPONA 2020

I live about 30 minutes at most from the Renaissance and Axpona last year was my first audio show ever. I went all day Friday and Saturday last year. I brought my brother and friend on Saturday to show them what I found and liked. I cannot wait, my wife agreed to go this year since she is...
  13. G

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Odell, Rupture. https://www.odellbrewing.com/ Great beer. Good variety but Rupture is my fav.
  14. G

Review and Measurements of Yamaha RX-A1080 AVR

So my 1080 AVR has had the subwoofer pre-outs act up the last few months. I thought it was my subs since they are a few years older and even replaced the cables and for random reasons the subs would work. Now the other night one worked (I am using 2 both pre outs) and than none worked middle...
  15. G

As I have this AVR and I am currently running Kef R5's and matching center I have been thinking of getting a separate amp to run from the pre-outs in either 3ch or 5ch. I know Emotiva makes a 5ch amp (A-5175) which is priced right in my range. I think someone earlier in this thread said the...
  16. G

Paradigm Persona,

For me the Topping D70 Dac really helped smooth and calm the highs. The built in Dac from Emotiva on their preamp is weak in my opinion. Highs sounded harsh but the D70 makes things feel more open and natural.
  17. G

I have this exact model and while I do not do any serious listening on it I am not surprised. I use this unit for my loft and its strictly for movies or tv and some video games. I had picked up a slightly cheaper Denon before this unit but it sounded flat and hollow compared to my older Harmon...
  18. G

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

Very true and considering my degree and background was in IT and networking that is kind of hilarious. I got out of that industry over 15 years ago but still pretty funny.
  19. G

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

So I have read this whole thread in my free time so yes it took this long to post a reply. I for one appreciate all this site has done and contributed to this industry/hobby. This measurement is disappointing to say the least. If I were PS Audio I would be embarrassed and maybe avoid adding...
  20. G

Matrix Audio - U.S. Dealer

Thank you, I will look into that model and when I'm ready if its the one I want I will contact you direct. Appreciate the help!
Top Bottom