Search results

1. A

Thomann/Swissonic A306 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Impressive measurements, especially for the money! Would be interested to see their 8" 3-way measured on a Klippel NFS.
  2. A

Monoprice Monolith Encore T6 Tower Loudspeaker review & measurements by Audioholics

Crazy low price on the T6 now! I ordered a pair 2 days ago when they were $145 each and thought I stole them! I have no need for them and just wanted to try them out, and maybe replace my current garage speakers with them. Walmart.com is going to give me a refund based on the current $119...
  3. A

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

I had the following issue a couple days ago. 192 kHz content from Amazon caused my DAC's display to intermittently flash 192 kHz, but no sound was output. It's was like my DAC could not get a lock on the bitstream. I also set the Mini to 96 kHz as a temporary fix. I plan to try another DAC...
  4. A

Newbie with beginner budget and love for lower bass freqs undecided between BR03 and DBR-62

A pair of Kali LP-8 powered monitors and a DAC/pre-amp is a combo to consider, IMO. Erin's Audio Corner has Klippel NFS results on version 2. F3 is 39 Hz. I have a pair of version 1 and can say that they have very good bass extension/quality for a largish bookshelf size speaker, and can play...
  5. A

Polk is having a significant "F&F" sale at the moment

The L400 was already on sale! :) So, the 40% coupon and then 10% coupon were applied to the sale price (I was not expecting that). Net, $890 out the door with sales tax, a smidge less than 50% of the $1,799 MSRP! Even at $890, that's a chunk of money for a center speaker, but I figure it is...
  6. A

Polk is having a significant "F&F" sale at the moment

Thanks for the heads-up! Been eyeing the L400 center for a while (to go with my R700 floorstanders), and with the F&F discount plus additional 10% discount code, I was able to snag one today for less than 50% of MSRP.
  7. A

Decent small DAC with optical input?

Is this DAC small enough for your needs? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/jds-labs-atom-dac-review.23701/
  8. A

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Given how well the Polk ES20 bookshelf measured, it would be cool if Amir or Erin could Klippel the ES60 floorstander.
  9. A

Audiophile alternative to Sonos Five

If the form factor works and high objective performance is a priority, one could get the following for about the same cost as two Sonos 5. WiiM Mini streamer (optical output) for $90 SMSL D-6 DAC (balanced output) for $170 2 Kali IN-8 V2 monitors for $800
  10. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

Just ordered a Wiim Mini to play around with. Once Amazon Music Unlimited using the native app is fully released, I’ll probably ditch Tidal and go with Amazon and the Wiim in multiple systems around the house. I tried Amazon when they released HD/UHD, but the integration with Denon/Marantz Heos...
  11. A

KRK ROKIT 10-3 G4 Big 3-way powered monitor with a 10" woofer at $439 (each) sale price.
  12. A

Polk Signature Elite ES20 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Thanks for the review - I was hoping these would get Klippel'd, given that Polk has upped their game, objective performance-wise, with the Legend and Reserve series. For $350/pair (sale price), the ES20 looks like a great combination of frequency response, bass extension, distortion, and...
  13. A

Monoprice THX-365C Center Channel Speaker Review (by Erin)

The 365C was even a better value when they want on sale for $350 when the regular price was $400. I bought one in Dec '19 for $350. As a side comment, I really wanted the 460T floorstanders to complete the front 3 channels. In April '21, I bought a pair and both had several scratches in...
  14. A

Digione Player

Trinnov AV Processor with HDMI inputs? If so, the Bluray player via HDMI option would work. If the Trinnov had network DLNA/UPnP capabilities, it could be the renderer. In another system, I use a Marantz AV Processor in this way.
  15. A

Digione Player

OP, what equipment do you have downstream from the renderer/streamer? FYI, in one system, I use a cheap Sony Bluray player (S6700 connected with ethernet cable) as an OpenHome renderer with BubbleUPnP server. The Bluray player will pass Qobuz tracks up to 192 kHz via HDMI to a Denon AVR, but...
  16. A

JDS Atom Amp+ Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Curious if folks are running the Atom DAC+ and AMP+ stack into powered speakers or into an amp with passive speakers. If so, is that working well in terms of the AMP+ having enough clean output voltage to drive speaker amplifiers well?
  17. A

Polk Monitor XT speaker reviews (posted by Erin)

Curious to also hear Erin's subjective impression of how these XT's sound. They all look to have elevated treble on-axis, but do they all sound bright? For only $50-100 more a pair than the XT20 (depending on sale price), curious about how the Signature Elite ES20 measures and sounds.
  18. A

Also curious about the KRK ROKIT 10-3 G4 (big 3-way) in terms of frequency response, bass extension, and distortion vs. SPL.
  19. A

Watermarking: what do we know?

Not sure if this is the best place to post this. Does anyone have the interest and capability to take a CD FLAC rip and the same FLAC track on Tidal and capture/compare the Chromecast Audio digital output bitstream for both. One would have a make their best educated assumption that the CD and...
Top Bottom