Search results

1. SEKLEM

Revel M106 vs. stock Linn Katan

I'll lead off by stating that I performed this comparison over a month ago, so some things aren't fresh but I'm going to try to give my overall impression of the two compared head to head level match and double blind. My setup to compare these two speakers was performed in my living room with...
  2. SEKLEM

Wireless speaker solutions

I'm considering the idea of "changing" my rear/side speakers for home theater to a wireless solution. Currently I'm running bare wire to a pair of Polk Audio T15 bookshelf speakers. I've got vinyl flooring and where it's a trip hazard the wire is covered with a rug. None the less, there is...
  3. SEKLEM

Bridge Rectifier

I have a very novice level understanding of how amplifiers work, so please bare with my ignorance. I understand that a bridge rectifier converts or at least plays part in the conversion of AC to DC power. I've seen some amplifiers with heat sinks on them, like this one here. Yet others do not...
  4. SEKLEM

What do we know about Hypex UcD250lp?

Pretty much just the title. I’m curious how this stacks up to Ncore. I believe the Niles SI-2150 uses these modules based on what I see here. Sold listing, not mine
  5. SEKLEM

Quick Review of the JBL Studio 530

I’ve spent just over and hour with the 530s and I’m honestly pretty impressed with them. They are definitely not “perfect” or even the “2nd best speaker ever”, but for the money they are hard to beat. As I write this they are still on sale for $300 shipped from Harman. I’ll start by...
  6. SEKLEM

Loudspeakers that are neutral, dynamic, full range, and LOUD

I’m currently running Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures powered by a ICEpower 700ASC2 based Parasound Zonemaster 2350. Power shouldn’t be much of an issue for all but the most ridiculous of speakers. What I’ve found is the Vandersteens, while nice, have clear limitations in output. I’ve had to back off...
  7. SEKLEM

Parasound Zonemaster 2350 Class D Power Amplifier with ICEpower 700ASC2

I’ve not had much to post recently since moving and just now starting to get settled. But the delights of having more space has been a driving force into research for more power and after weighing options and lying in wait for a smoking deal I believe I may have found exactly what I wanted...
  8. SEKLEM

Solid State amplifier specifications...

This is for a Niles SI-275 system integration amplifier. I've asked about this amplifier before, to try to gauge interest of the collective here. On paper it seems superior to the B&K 125.2 in many ways, which I also own. The Niles runs cool to the touch, never even warm. The B&K gets very warm...
  9. SEKLEM

TECHNICS SH-AC500D AC-3/DTS Processor

Went for a drive today (day off) and wound up spending some time perusing Goodwill thrift stores. Got a decent enough small desk for work for $20, an oak cabinet for $12, and a Technics SH-AC500D processor for $25. What a good day for deals! I have wanted one of these to come along for years...
  10. SEKLEM

SMSL AD18: subjective impressions

This is a subjective review and comparison of the SMSL AD18 integrated DAC/amplifier. This item was purchased from a private party. I do not have any measurement implements so what follows are my opinions. I will try to be as impartial as I can. I am still surprised by how much these...
  11. SEKLEM

XBOX ONE controller as a USB DAC... WHAAAAATTTT?

I’m curious how bad it could be.
  12. SEKLEM

Topping PA3: subjective impressions

This is a subjective review of the Topping PA3. I’m doing it on my phone so it will be rather brief and not overly breathy. I bought the PA3 on eBay a few weeks ago as a placeholder for another amplifier I was using for a near field, bedside setup. It’s been in use there with a DX3 Pro and...
  13. SEKLEM

Dayton Audio WBA31 Audio dropout

When I first started using this device I didn’t have any problems with audio drop outs. Only recently did this problem start to occur. I’d say about a week ago. It seems to be happening increasingly more frequently, with loss of sound lasting 1-3 seconds happening a few minutes apart sometimes...
  14. SEKLEM

Niles SI-275 power amplifier

Would any of you folks be interested in seeing how this amplifier would measure? I've had this amp for a few years and it seems overbuilt, but appearances can be deceiving. For all I know it could be an absolute dog on the bench. I did some A/B comparisons, level matched, with a B&K 125.2 and I...
Top Bottom