Search results

1. Kvalsvoll

Loudspeaker Product Design @ Kvalsvoll Design

I offer loudspeaker design as a service for manufacturers: https://www.kvalsvoll.com/Services/productdesign.htm Extensive use of simulation in the design process gives predictable and efficient development. This is for those who want to develop products based on actual science, no magic...
  2. Kvalsvoll

Acoustics Service at Kvålsvoll Design

Acoustics Service at Kvålsvoll Design Working on loudspeakers and sound systems has over the years lead to both practical and theoretical knowledge on how to create rooms with good acoustic properties. This is now made available as a service...
  3. Kvalsvoll

Transmission-line speakers

I did a short text on transmission-line speakers, perhaps someone finds it entertaining enough to read here as well: --------- The classic transmission-line speaker is a long acoustic channel with decreasing area, filled with damping material to absorb all sound. The claimed benefit is...
  4. Kvalsvoll

Effect of Loudspeaker Directivity Compared with In-room Measurements

I did a short article on how loudspeaker directivity affects in-room measurements, here is a brief summary: We know loudspeakers sound different, we also know they can measure different – both in the lab, and in-room. But what if they seem to measure quite similar – and still sound very...
  5. Kvalsvoll

How impaired hearing affects perception of soundstage

I have made observations that leads me to question whether impaired hearing actually changes how placement and appearance of the holographic images are perceived. Sample size is too small, no controlled tests, have not made any serious attempt to look into things. But maybe someone already...
  6. Kvalsvoll

Bass-management headroom - how to avoid clipping your sub out

Clipping of the low frequency signal somewhere in the chain is a real problem, and care must be taken to ensure this does not happen. This is a solved problem, it is known. Still, I can not see that this issue is tested for in the processor/avr reviews here on this site. Sub out from...
  7. Kvalsvoll

Audibility of group delay at low frequencies

Audibility of group delay at low frequencies: https://www.kvalsvoll.com/…/audibility-of-group-delay-at-l…/ It is then confirmed and proven that group delay at low frequencies is audible. This means timing - GD, phase - matter for sound in the bass range, it is not sufficient to tune towards a...
Top Bottom