Search results

1. sweetsounds

Value and luxury

Over Christmas I had the pleasure to have a stroll through Paris. And by accident I had the pleasure to listen to the Magico M7 at Présence Audio. Enormous in size, sleek presentation exceeding 500k€ the pair. They have already 3 pairs on pre-order. Many of you now mentally roll their eyes...
  2. sweetsounds

Best measuring speaker?

Dear all, what's according to available data sources the best measuring speaker (i.e. flat on axis, going deep in bass, no kinks in impedance, homogenous lateral response, no resonances)? Here Magico S5 from Soundstagenetwork: Revel Ultima Salon 2. not at that level in bass: Dutch&Dutch 8C...
  3. sweetsounds

DAB kitchen radio

While I am usually pursuing the high end for music listening, I am now facing a mundane challenge: a kitchen radio with digital audio broadcast (DAB+). It has to work without internet as well. Priorities: - Sound quality: good linear response, good bass extension, mono or stereo doesn't...
  4. sweetsounds

BACCH4MAC Short Review / first impressions

So I finally broke the bank and purchased the Intro version of BACCH-DSP 4 MAC (V12.2). Introduction My experience is, that the interaction between room and speakers has by far the greatest impact on how I enjoy music listening. Most of my upgrades of the last 10 years went into room acoustics...
  5. sweetsounds

Spurious Noises and Quality of HiRes

I downloaded some Hi-Res recordings and in quite a number of cases there are issues in quality. (Maybe not audible, but then what's the point of HiRes anyway?) Eric Clapton: Tears in Heaven from The Lady on the Balcony (MusicScope analysis) - Noise floor at 90dB - A roll off below 30Hz - A...
  6. sweetsounds

Desktop speakers: Genelec 8320A, Neumann KH-80, AudioEngine A5+

This site clearly became the go-to place to pre-select equipment on their measurements. Thanks a lot! I was looking to upgrading my dated Logitech desktop speakers to listen more to music. My desk is against the wall, so a particular situation. Because of the limited space on a desk, I selected...
Top Bottom