Search results

1. sweetsounds

Squeezebox replacement - picore with which speakers?

Lucky you. Community Firmware didn't help in my case. There is a nasty 80MHz wide sender from a EV charging device, which looks like killing connections near my home. But even here is a workaround using the Vonets VAP bridge for 25 bucks. Lyrion reached 6000 installations within a week of...
  2. sweetsounds

ToneWinner AD-2PRO+ PURE CLASS A 60 WATTS & A/B 300 WATTS INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER

Hi, I had the predecessor AD-2N. Worked very well for several years, then right channel failed. Can happen with all muscle power amps. I still consider ToneWinner as a good value-for-money. I now use an Purify ET4000 Class-D and I am quite happy.
  3. sweetsounds

Announcing beta-test of PKHarmonic VST plugin

There is PeakEater VST3 cross-plattform as a good example and maybe the Steinberg GPL license
  4. sweetsounds

Announcing beta-test of PKHarmonic VST plugin

Dear @pkane, any likeliness, that you could do a VST3 multichannel plugin and Mac version? It would help a lot of people with different setups.
  5. sweetsounds

How people choose very expensive High-End speakers?

Let me share my experience. In all groups one can find exceptional systems and mediocre ones. A) the man's cave people not spending at the highest end of the scale, but shell out 5 digits for a speaker, lots of engineers/tech savvy with a sense for things well built. We buy second hand mostly...
  6. sweetsounds

Subwoofer feels underwhelming

My experience is that the time signature of bass notes is more important than the amplitude (Of course, taming 5dB peaks makes an audible difference). So to get back to objective data, a waterfall-type of a plot and an analysis of the first 100ms is important. Ported designs sound different from...
  7. sweetsounds

B&W vs Estelon vs Magico - Recent Demo

Your journey is close to mine I own(ed) a pair of B&W 801D1. Loved them. There always were some deficiencies in voices (I thought). My wife disagreed out of the fear of upgradomania. I then listened to Magico and that was it. I brought a S5 Mk2 into the same room and everybody was blown away...
  8. sweetsounds

Logitech Media Server etc...

For those impatient: there is a piCorePlayer which includes TIDAL support already. That's how I set up a local LMS Server using a Raspberry 3B. https://github.com/lovehifi/tidalconnect-picore LMS for me is still the best infrastructure for music listening: - open source - Roon compatible - runs...
  9. sweetsounds

Andrew Quint Reviews the Unique BACCH-SP Stereo Purifier

The buttons change simplythe view (from back, from front, from left...(
  10. sweetsounds

I tested ORC in the last couple of hours. My setup: Mac mini -> Motu M4 -> Classe M600 -> Magico S5 II For DRC I use Accourate generated, full range filters in BACCH via the HAFConvo VST3 plug-in. First, some comments on the set up. I probably could have set it up myself, but for some reason...
  11. sweetsounds

Keith_W DSP system

Looks like a flawed meter, here is how to use the multimeter: Select the V with the wave on your multimeter. Your device doesn't have a FREQ mode to measure frequency. Not a difficult task, but please follow the guidelines when working with voltage <1000V: e.g. don't touch the metal tips...
  12. sweetsounds

BACCH ORC was released today, I will install it tonight and report back hopefully in the next couple of days. So far I use a full-frequency DRC with Acourate with very positive results. > BACCH-ORC requires acoustic measurements with the BACCH-BM in-ear microphone and is therefore available...
  13. sweetsounds

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Munich, the High End Society city
  14. sweetsounds

Harman acquires Roon

I use it with the Tidal plugin, several others (Qobuz, Spotify ...) and Internet Radio Stations work as well of course. I know that you personally believe in low overhead solutions :-) and LMS - while it's Jama based - has quite low load and bit-perfect streaming (decoding can happen at server...
  15. sweetsounds

Harman acquires Roon

For those who can live with a poor man's Roon, LMS is still an excellent, well maintained choice, even 12 years later. The material skin gives you access to allmusic meta data. It is the amazing voluntary work of Ralph Irving, Craig Drummond and others that makes it so versatile. Combine it...
  16. sweetsounds

Since no one would realistically mount a Salon2 on the Klippel,

Amir should open a flag ship store for pink panthers. The Stereophile data definitely justifies the panther. It is too bad that there is little data on large speakers. Well, actually they mounted the Magico M9 on a Klippel, but have not published the data. I think someone in Seattle region...
  17. sweetsounds

SMSL SU-X with 2x ES9039MSPRO

Harmonic distortion is hard to hear, even more in music. Non-harmonic (noise) can be heard further down to -70dB. Google is your friend: AES Paper Temme KV2 Audibility of THD Audioholics references Here in the forum: ASR THD audible There are tests on the net. When you know what to listen...
  18. sweetsounds

SMSL SU-X with 2x ES9039MSPRO

.Assuming SMSL measures similarly to @amirm, the SU-X should be a new best-measuring DAC: However, this is with +2dB. So it will be also in the 124dB range like all others. The D90SE III looks almost the same. We are reaching physical limits of the ESS Sabre Chips, 0.0000631% equal 2.5uV at...
  19. sweetsounds

Value and luxury

Over Christmas I had the pleasure to have a stroll through Paris. And by accident I had the pleasure to listen to the Magico M7 at Présence Audio. Enormous in size, sleek presentation exceeding 500k€ the pair. They have already 3 pairs on pre-order. Many of you now mentally roll their eyes...
  20. sweetsounds

Marantz CINEMA 70s AVR - Teardown, personal thoughts and a few measurements

This is an impressive review, looking into the build quality, temperature and features. Great work!
Top Bottom