Search results

1. scott wurcer

Study confirms superior sound of a Stradivari is due to the varnish

All serious comparative wine tastings are done blind. We repeated the Spurrier tasting in1977 to very different results.
  2. scott wurcer

Study confirms superior sound of a Stradivari is due to the varnish

https://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories/c37_e.html
  3. scott wurcer

Fuses do affect sound, the question is how much

We also don't need someone to interject (for instance) that Ohm's Law is not a fundamental law of physics into these discussions. Conductivity can be a function of many things. Take stress (as a tensor) for one and you could possibly find some microscopic directionality in some strangely doped...
  4. scott wurcer

$575,000 (Spare Arm Tube Included)

Notice the 0.55 Hz LP eccentricity is still there.
  5. scott wurcer

News You Can't Use

Simple mathematical abstraction , anyone can compute 1/9 to infinite digits. :p
  6. scott wurcer

Harmonic and Intermodulation Distortion

You would need to produce examples of these before making this statement.
  7. scott wurcer

Neurochrome HP-LOAD Review (Headphone Dummy Load)

Folks here need to remember that this is not much of a DIY site,
  8. scott wurcer

Harmonic and Intermodulation Distortion

You then have a non-stationary and non-time invariant system.
  9. scott wurcer

Distortion down to -300 dB, what exactly does that mean physically?

Little if any of this applies 150dB below an ideal -144dB DAC.
  10. scott wurcer

Fundamental only in the sense that a noiseless input signal is thermodynamically impossible. The Brownian motion of the air surrounding the microphone diaphragm can not be eliminated (except possibly at 0 Kelvin or in a vacuum). Ample literature on signal detection and noise exists where the...
  11. scott wurcer

Laurel & Hardy, 3 Stooges, Abbott & Costello, Marx Brothers, ???

Olson and Johnson, The Ritz Bros, Colonel Stoopnagle and Bud, Fibber McGee and Molly, Don Ameche and Frances Longford (The Bickersons)). Re: Olson and Johnson, we tried everywhere around 1970 to get a copy of this to screen but failed (small sample here).
  12. scott wurcer

IMO a testable signal chain includes a 50bit DAC.
  13. scott wurcer

I thought he stated that those claims were not testable or measurable (they certainly are not).
  14. scott wurcer

That's easy gravity is not a force at all.
  15. scott wurcer

turntable reviews?

I'm not talking about the primary resonance, Tone arms can have resonances upwards of 100's of Hz depending on their stiffness, etc. while having a well damped 10Hz or so primary resonance. Just wondering. Scott "remembering the wonderful tone of my Pitman arm separator"
  16. scott wurcer

turntable reviews?

A question for the TT experts here. Doesn't hanging that huge counterweight that low create some troublesome mechanical lever effects with respect to lateral vibration?
  17. scott wurcer

Audiophile drywall screws?

Sounds like it might get expensive. Standard ones are 0.8 cents@ in quantity.
  18. scott wurcer

Around here these days increasing the thickness of the walls 3" for a 10'x20' room will lose you $15,000 in value.
  19. scott wurcer

It looks like the outer head is threaded as well as being slightly larger. If you don't use a drywall gun it is very easy to shoot the screw right through the dry wall. I expect the installation does just that using the auto stop feature to set the second head right at the surface. I wonder what...
Top Bottom