Search results

1. board

Why is 16-bit undithered a "rough" wave, while 24-bit is smooth?

I like to think that I understand how digital audio works pretty well, but please help me understand this: I was reading these measurements from Stereophile: https://www.stereophile.com/content/nad-m51-direct-digital-da-converter-measurements Figure 6 shows an undithered 16-bit tone, whereas...
  2. board

Dirac sounds really bad - am I doing something wrong?

Before I show measurements I'll lay the basics down: * This is my first time trying Dirac, and I have used a free 14-day trial license, only as software. My plan was to try it out and then buy hardware later. This free trial processes the entire audible range. * My microphone is the MiniDSP...
  3. board

High resolution audio vs. CD: A null-test

I've made a video where I do null-tests between high-res and the same material down-sampled to standard CD specs, as I found this particular test to be missing in the available information. This video probably won't be anything new for most people on this forum - I mainly made it for people who...
  4. board

Suggestion for room correction hardware?

I'm looking to buy room correction hardware (not software), so I was hoping you could give me some suggestions, as I do have a few requirements, but I have exactly zero experience with these kind of products. I have some acoustic products installed from Gik Acoustics, so most of the...
Top Bottom