Search results

1. board

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

And then one small carpet, just to ensure that the acoustics are completely handled :cool:.
  2. board

OMA K3 $360K TURNTABLE

Eeeeh, okay. I don't mean this as an insult or anything, but how is this other video relevant to what I wrote?
  3. board

OMA K3 $360K TURNTABLE

Has anyone else listened to the two recordings? Could you hear a difference? If so, what differences did you hear? Unless we remove certain sections, an ABX test would be impossible, since there are some giveaways, but I'm wondering if even Fremer himself could pass an ABX test between the two...
  4. board

OMA K3 $360K TURNTABLE

It's a bit difficult to judge from your pictures if "the first 20 seconds" include the run-in groove. It's easy to hear that one of the two recordings has a lot more noise and low frequencies in the run-in groove, which would probably explain the large difference in RMS, including some of the...
  5. board

DAC blind tests? EVER?

It's certainly true that there are many non-audible attractions to vinyl, whether it's imagined "fun", as Pinger and Purité suggests, or it's very real physical attributes, such as looking at the big covers and the record spinning, as well as the visual beauty of tonearms, cartridges, plinths...
  6. board

DAC blind tests? EVER?

I would say that the one making assumptions is you.
  7. board

DAC blind tests? EVER?

What is the MAAAAAAAAJOR assumption I'm making?
  8. board

DAC blind tests? EVER?

Whatever :rolleyes:. I asked a simple yes or no question, which can of course also be elaborated upon, and you haven't even attempted to answer it. I'm not a vinyl lover, in case you think so.
  9. board

DAC blind tests? EVER?

It seems to me like you're making a lot of assumptions about what my opinion/position is. I asked a simple question. That was all.
  10. board

DAC blind tests? EVER?

I will print and read the paper you linked to, as it seems very interesting, but I won't be able to do it for a while (and it's also 26 pages). I did a search (for "phase", "delay", and "timing") and couldn't find what I was asking about - specifically if a bit of delay in one channel, causing a...
  11. board

DAC blind tests? EVER?

I have a Focusrite 2i2, but no resistors. In any case, I only have one amp now - the Nord I sent back; the Naim I sold.
  12. board

DAC blind tests? EVER?

Do you, or anyone else here, by any chance know if this delay could be part of the explanation of the appeal of vinyl? Often it's been claimed that vinyl has a deeper and wider soundstage, etc. I've usually put it down to frequency response (or EQ), which actually can affect the soundstage...
  13. board

DAC blind tests? EVER?

I won't be able to record the electrical signals at the speaker terminals, as I'm simply not set up for that.
  14. board

Why is 16-bit undithered a "rough" wave, while 24-bit is smooth?

Thanks for the explanation, and thanks to anyone else who has responded and helped explain. I asked because I wanted to understand why the waveforms looked like that rather than figure out if the test is relevant or not. Before posting I had also been wondering if the explanation was due to the...
  15. board

DAC blind tests? EVER?

It was of course guesswork on what it might be based on just listening, but reading your comments and those of others makes me thing I simply guessed wrong. Although this goes even more into anecdotes, then I did audition another amp once where it seemed even more like a bit of reverb was added...
  16. board

Why is 16-bit undithered a "rough" wave, while 24-bit is smooth?

I like to think that I understand how digital audio works pretty well, but please help me understand this: I was reading these measurements from Stereophile: https://www.stereophile.com/content/nad-m51-direct-digital-da-converter-measurements Figure 6 shows an undithered 16-bit tone, whereas...
  17. board

DAC blind tests? EVER?

Sorry for the extremely late response. I am aware that volume level is crucial, so please don't take anything I write here as an attempt as saying that volume level doesn't matter. I've "remastered" a lot of music by running it through an equalizer, so I've seen first-hand on an almost daily...
  18. board

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

It's definitely also my impression that especially reissues of albums from the 60s and 70s reissued on CD in the 80s and early 90s had the treble substantially boosted, and I've had this verified by checking it in Voxengo's plugin CurveEQ. Here's one example, which is the album "Together" by...
  19. board

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

I used to use a Rega Exact cartridge, which was mounted with Rega's own alignment (something like Stevenson), including the third mounting screw. I then aligned it to Baerwald, recorded before and after, and I thought the Baerwald alignment was a bit brighter, but I actually thought I was just...
Top Bottom