Search results

1. A

Schiit Lokius Review (Equalizer)

By chance, has anyone tried using the Lokius as a preamp of sorts? I'm thinking of using as follows: Computer Source -> DAC -> Lokius -> Power amplifier While controlling volume at the computer software level (Roon, Spotify, etc.). My dac, Denafrips Ares, has a really high output impedance...
  2. A

Using ADC-DAC for SE to Balanced conversion

Hot take on 2 options. Quality of conversion for SE to Balanced signal... Using a MiniDSP SHD only to convert an SE input to a balanced output, with no additional processing, EQ, Dirac, etc. Just the conversion via ADC-DAC. or... Using an analog convertor like a DI box or headphone amp...
  3. A

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

In any chance we know what the change was? And if we can somehow identify old hardware from new?
  4. A

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

Was this fix a software update or hardware?
  5. A

Hivi 3.1A DIY Speaker With Sehlin Mod Review

I built these about a year ago. By far the thickest and nicest wood cuts I've ever received for a kit. When you get them together there are no seams, very clean look. Actually left them totally unfinished for a quite a while, then when work-from-home started back in March I found the time to...
  6. A

Review and Measurements of miniDSP SHD DAC, DSP And Streamer

My previous preamp was/is a Parasound P5. I've replaced it with the SHD and it's been great so far. I gave up on vinyl a while back, so everything I do is streaming or network storage. Since I'm all digital, getting a digital pre-amp with all the great DSP controls and Dirac just made sense...
  7. A

So just an update. I was able to get my Windows laptop to connect to the SHD, but not my macbook. On the windows machine I found that a program I had installed had sideloaded LabView from National Instruments. That software was running an application web server on port 8080. I have no idea...
  8. A

Tech support got back to me, we are just exchanging details at this point. I still plan on following up so we know the root cause. Thanks.
  9. A

Side note, the SHD does NOT need to be connected to the internet itself to work with Dirac... just the computer with the software.
  10. A

Holy crap @TimW it worked! I grabbed and empty hdd I had around (cuzz that's how i do) and installed a fresh install of Win10. Followed the same instructions and sure enough it found the SHD. Problem is, this was on my desktop in the wrong room and i'm not in a position to wipe out my laptop...
  11. A

Yes, the SHD is reachable on the network. The SHD plugin connects, i can adjust xover's, peq, etc. Volumio also works, i've streamed music from spotify, tidal and my NAS, including Roon. It's when launching Dirac that the software on the laptop does not find the SHD unit. No web servers...
  12. A

Thanks for the info, unfortunately it did not work. SHD still not found on the Dirac screen. Thanks
  13. A

Yeah, this is driving me bonkers. I really want to like this unit. I've been using a Windows 10 laptop for most of my testing now, I know Mac's sometimes have hiccups like this, so I've tried to focus on Windows. I have this funny feeling like Dirac is not engaging inside the unit, and in turn...
  14. A

I've scoured it... So for everyone else with an SHD, you run the plugin, launch dirac (v3?) and all is fine?
  15. A

Yup, just disabled firewall on both private and public networks. Same problem.
  16. A

Yes, definitely connected to the internet. When I do disconnect it warns me up front that Dirac cannot start. I'm looking at that troubleshooting for the ports, not sure i totally understand the directions in the manual about checking for other applications that may use the ports. I ran the...
  17. A

Ok interesting, this is something I have not tried, but you went past my technical knowledge. Could you guide me a bit on this?
  18. A

Yes, I actually tried v3.0 and a couple of the v2 versions of Dirac just to see. They all have the same problem. And yes, connecting to the SHD plugin and messing PEQ and crossovers, etc, has been great. Also connecting to Volumio and using it has been no problem at all. I have tried various...
  19. A

Yes, I am opening it through the SHD program.
Top Bottom