Search results

1. R

The source of the pink panther

From Tianjin to Xi'an by bicycle. Around 1200km. With my spouse, we go deep in rural China. Everyone knows @amirm is sold to the Chinese audio industry. This morning, in a little village, we found the source of the pink panther, and also the office where @amirm signed secret agreement.
  2. R

A copy of the Little Bear MC-03 with relays?

Hello, I hope the electronic masters will read the following lines and help me to understand if it is a correct way to do it. I was looking for a box allowing me to select between 2 or 3 inputs and route the one selected to the output. I found the Nobsound little bear really interesting for my...
  3. R

SMSL SU-8 Companion

Everybody know the SU-8 is a piece of art. But frankly speaking, some of us could consider the little screen is completely unreadable. Especially how to know the volume if you are at 22 centimetres away of the unit? The truth is here: the screen is BICroscoBIC. So what about a little...
  4. R

Hey Gustard, SMSL, Topping, Loxjie... Happy New Year

Thanks for your products, the performance and the price! Happy New Year
  5. R

Ideon Audio multiverse

Was reading this poetry: https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/ideon-audio-absolute-digital-to-analog-converter Cannot understand how it is possible in this part of this universe.
  6. R

Inside the JBL305P MkII

Yes yes yes, inside. But for the moment, we can have a look outside. This is the JBL305P MkII reviewed by Amir here. From the outside, we have this picture from JBL : And some information from the User Manual. The JBL305P MkII is the smallest member of a serie: And I cannot resist to show...
  7. R

VOTT

On Saturday I was enough lucky to waste few hours with a true really audiophile setup. First at all, I have to specify this point: the location is a cave, as you can deduct by yourself. In a decent audiophile cave, we need a turntable (at least one). BTW I was... Errr, listening...
  8. R

Intel destroyed by AMD, let's talk like audio

So when you lose on the spec side, it's time to follow the audio industry snake oil standards. Measurements are from the past, let's talk about the organic experience. https://www.extremetech.com/computing/311275-intel-doesnt-want-to-talk-about-benchmarks-anymore
  9. R

Some help using REW required

Guys, I'am starting to use REW and the UMIK-1 and it is great fun. I've measured few minutes ago an ultra low cost one speaker large range unit and I obtain something like that with REW. I was waiting for some catastrophic measurements but it is not so bad. Anyway I am really a newbie in this...
  10. R

Stuck @Home project #48

This is a 3D printed pair of speakers. The design is from Akemake in 2014 (more info here). Akemake is no more here but a company, called deeptime is managing the commercial product. In our case with use speakers are from Aliexpress. I like very much them, I use often these speakers in my DIY...
  11. R

Poor man Speaker Stands Cardiovascular Broomstick pump

Stuck at home. Two weeks ago we received the Elac reviewed by Amir. Reading literature here and there I've understood the tweeter and my ears have to be at the same height. Audio shops are closed, no delivery from Amazon. Mmm... - "Ma chérie, do you think we can do this?" - "No problemo" -...
  12. R

Logitech Media Server etc...

We are stuck at home. After I've seen the awful measurements from the French brand D****** unit and put them in relation with the cost of their equipment, I think it's time to write few lines in total opposition with this kind of product. Let's talk about Logitech Media Server, about low...
  13. R

Jazz in Chicago?

My wife and I have to waste our time few days in Chicago this week. Could you recommend some places where listen to Jazz music, something like the Village Vanguard in NY? Thanks in advance.
  14. R

Happy New Year from Marge Bender.

Happy new year.
  15. R

Next SMSL SU8 version will be bended a lot

As you can see by yourself:
  16. R

Best DAC in the world, vacuum but no tube

This is there. Explanations are here. https://eddiez.me/spotify-vacuum/
  17. R

Vu-meters

Only one comment, this has nothing to do with VU meters