Search results

1. T

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

Interesting...Keep us in the loop! I'm certainly interested in your experiment.
  2. T

I've been very happy with my Allo BOSS2. Our DIY Club has several members with a fair amount of High-end DAC design experience and while there are a few stand alone DACs that are as good, there aren't very many that are better. Now when the price of the Allo BOSS2 is taken into account there...
  3. T

Tannoy Westminster Royal

No Thanks, although they do sound much better if you turn them around 180 degrees!
  4. T

Who are you??

Interesting discussion. I started as a DIY Guy in the mid "70's " due to a lack of money and kept on DIY'ing due to an abundance of kids! I did organize an Audio DIY Club several years ago that has been somewhat successful and certainly a fair amount of fun. We build all kinds of projects from...
  5. T

Tannoy Westminster Royal

That, naturally, was a primary concern as the local peasants are occasionally permitted into the Great Hall to be enchanted by the wonderful music!
  6. T

Dynaco A25

...and your credentials are.....?
  7. T

Dynaco A25

Yes, they are exactly the same with only several major differences...
  8. T

The problem is that many audiophiles are given to associating cost with sound quality. Naturally, the Audio Industry is quite happy to have you pay unbelievable amounts of money just to satisfy any insecurities we may contend with. Having spent the majority of my life raising children with all...
  9. T

Not that I observed and indeed, why would it?
  10. T

I'm liking this Headphone set-up more every day! Yesterday, I went to my buddy Renan's house and we downloaded the JRiver Software onto my computer and it made it so much easier to use compared to the rather "Clunky" software supplied with the Allo Boss2 unit. I'm having a load of fun with...
  11. T

Mine was ordered and sent from India and due to various delays it took a bit more than a month before it finally arrived. Evidently they now have a Rep. in the US, so hopefully many of those problems will be resolved.
  12. T

I added a Boss2 to my system after a close friend endorsed it. Two days isn't long enough for me to give a full endorsement, but the music playing through it to a Bottlehead HP amp and Sennheisser 580's is excellent.
  13. T

Tannoy Westminster Royal

I could never afford such wonderful speakers, which is why I became a DIY builder 45 years ago! My recently (nearly) completed speakers have been warmly received by those who have heard them...mainly members of the "Sound DIY Club".
  14. T

DIY Speakers vs Commercial Heavy Hitters

For excellent speakers, you can buy them (and stay broke) or you can build your own and progressively get better until you can spend far less and have Better Sounding Speakers than you can honestly afford. That is also true for a lot of DIY gear that people have constructed. If you feel...
  15. T

Mine arrived yesterday (Finally!) and I'll be reading the various printed matter before I meet up with my buddy Renan and get it set up with my computer. Very excited!
  16. T

What's your dream system?

I've listened to Mike's system many times over the years and it is certainly excellent!
  17. T

What's your dream system?

I have listened to quite a variety of systems in the last 45 + years, including a couple that were considered among the best in the World by the Athens Audio Society. I have heard a couple of Horn Systems that were absolutely top notch and several cleverly crafted, homebuilt Super Ingenious...
  18. T

Best speakers on the market(regardless of type) for up to $10K?

I have, for over 40 years, built my own speakers and generally been quite successful. However, I recently bought a pair of Harbeth C7 ES-3 speakers, in Rosewood no less! I have often stated that if I couldn't build a better sounding speaker, I'd buy it (within reason- $$$). It fits my 17 X...
  19. T

2019 Puget Sound DIY Audio Show

Derek, We look forward to having you attend our meet. We have a couple of members from your side of the Sound. Our show is just DIY show and tell. Best Regards, Terry
  20. T

2019 Puget Sound DIY Audio Show

Yes, I think you pretty much have the idea! Best Regards, TerryO
Top Bottom