Search results

1. H

desk tower 3way WIP.. (BlieSMa t25b + ETON 3-212 + Seas l26roy) + Hypex + PE boxes

Doing some measuring and this is a sweep of the l26roy w/o any filters. The mic is 2-3cm away from the cone.
  2. H

DIY Speaker measurement

My scarlett was used. Lots of 2i2 2nd gens floating about. So you can save a little bit if you don't mind used. All of these mics are going to measure a little differently than one another. I'd mostly trust a result but want to use many mics. A local speaker building buddy purchased 3 mics...
  3. H

desk tower 3way WIP.. (BlieSMa t25b + ETON 3-212 + Seas l26roy) + Hypex + PE boxes

Hello, dualazmak! Thanks for popping by my newbie project. Your system looks so amazing and flexible. It inspired me for sure! re:"your latest whole SPL curve (at 0.6 m) is quite similar": That is super cool to read! That yamaha dome is amazing though. If you ever want to trade :p ... A...
  4. H

How much do drivers contribute to diffraction of each other?

I knew I read something: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/374851-diffraction-effect.html
  5. H

How much do drivers contribute to diffraction of each other?

but isn't that closer to how we hear?
  6. H

Yamaha JA-0801

Ok.. I have some new data! The textreme woofer measurement comes from hifijim on diyaudio. The data is not adjusted for a mic calibration but still, there is something to see. I made a sound test file that plays a cymbal mixed with 0.5ms silence every other 0,5ms. The textremes played the clip...
  7. H

Midrange dome drivers banned ?

Looks like we have an idea of the max price: $730USD for one BlieSMa Be mid dome. I find solen is a little more expensive than some of the EU sellers so it could be a little less elsewhere...
  8. H

Classic housing, modern drivers: Satori / Wavecor monitor

You can see it in the decay: See how it steps down? I think this is what you are hearing. It is the part's decay that is playing in every sound decay. Compare this to a silk tweeter:
  9. H

So why is it that I like the Genelec 10 series much more than the 80 series?

The above is a graph of the ear's ability to hear shifts in the GD. It depends on the instrument. Too bad those manufacturer graphs are not so hot at showing what happens at 0.5ms. The scale sucks. It seems like it is ok to ignore decay issues below 500hz because our ears only hear pressure...
  10. H

Need Help Choosing UST Projector Screen

I use paper. All the plastic screens add noise or give up the color to my eyes. Get samples and compare. All of the screen companies will ship something. If you need daylight viewing then a darker or reflective screen can help. This is what I use...
  11. H

Some color for this thread... ja-0801 dome mid VS 5" paper cone + silk dome coax VS 3" hexacone cone mid+ Be dome I took this measurement of the Be yamaha dome mid. The dome was messed up and I could not play it louder than this but we can see what it can do at a low level. Notice it can go...
  12. H

Yamaha JA-0801

My sweeps started at 200hz. No pink noise though. Just the REW sweeps and the RTA w/ the recordings. No filters were on the mid until the last graphs I posted. I thought it would be most fair if I made the mid flat between 500 and 3khz. Here is what the JA-0801 looked like measured 7" or so...
  13. H

Yamaha JA-0801

So I made a "test" to try out on some speakers. Inspired by the multi-tone test and the limits of human hearing I made a special track. The track plays a cymbal and rings where ears are sensitive. It does this once with no alterations and a second time where 75% of the sound has 0.5ms spaces in...
  14. H

Yamaha JA-0801

total bummer... The ja-0801 won't play loud at all. My fusion plate amp goes into a clip mode if I crank it up. When I did REW sweeps you can see how it will only play some freq. as the volume goes up. I assume the coil is busted? Or something else? I was able to stick a mic 6" in front of...
  15. H

Yamaha JA-0801

Cheers! I forgot the amp is the hypex FA123. So DSP and classD are in the mix. I will also have some speak-ons between things. So not analog and clean as can be. But it should be fine? Hey, we are both in STL! Come by and listen! I'll send a pm.
  16. H

Yamaha JA-0801

I am super curious about having one driver play 400-4000hz. This aligns with where our ears are sensitive to decay and flip to just caring about sound pressure. My hope is that this sucker lives up to the specs and decays to -25db in about 1ms. The mid will be crossed to the bliemsa t25b and...
  17. H

The paper dome is the one I have an eye on-lowest fs and least power drop off-axis around 4khz. Whichever one has the best decay will get my bucks. I am interested in 500hz-4000hz and a 1ms to drop -30db... this is my wish list anyways.
  18. H

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

You can find them on ebay. (btw the bliesma Be dome specs just got released) How to clean the yammy Be dome: .. @dualazmak WOW your setup is crazy complex! Nice documentation! Good luck with your woofer quest.
  19. H

New Bliesma mid dome specs! Now I just need to see the distortion and decay.
Top Bottom