Search results

1. Lord Victor

Infinity Modulus - Any good?

Hey there, I’ve always liked the industrial look of these speakers, and got the chance to get a pair with stands at the moment. Does anyone know if they’re any good by current standards? Stereo phone tested/measured them back in the day...
  2. Lord Victor

How to measure Sound Absorption Coefficient? Software?

Hey, I’m currently working on a university project where I’ll need to test the absorption ability (SAC) of various material samples. I found this paper which is good, but it isn’t clear to me if I can do this without an audio analyzer? Or if there is another simpler way to get results good...
  3. Lord Victor

Qualities correlated to Soundstage or ASW? Looking for papers.

Spoiler: I'm looking for papers/objective measures, don't yet have them. This takes offset in subjective observation/experience. I'm currently trying to decipher what properties of speakers or drivers, might be correlated with particular aspects of perceived soundstage - based on having heard...
  4. Lord Victor

Protection against breaker causing loud noise in speakers?

Sorry if this has been asked before - couldn't find this specific issue. A bit ago an old stovetop triggered the main breaker in the house, and it caused a loud horrendous noise from my speakers. Now I'm wondering if there is any way to protect against this sort of thing - I'm unsure what...
  5. Lord Victor

Purifi vs. Pascal - What is going on?

The Quest: I'm calling on the aid of any engineering masterminds that might be in here, to explain what I suppose could be brushed off as anecdotal (given that I don't have the equipment or knowhow to effectively experiments with/test this in a material way), but none the less here goes - as...
Top Bottom