Search results

1. M

Gustard A26 DAC & Streamer Review

It works well as a streamer for Roon, however, it is only a streamer. You would still need a separate computer or music server to act as the Roon core and be connected to the same network as A26.
  2. M

Cabasse Rialto

I wonder how these compare to a stereo pair of the Pearl Akoya?
  3. M

Gustard X26Pro Review (Balanced High-end DAC)

Anyone here know how this stacks up to the Singxer SDA-6?
  4. M

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Current headphones are: Final Audio D8000 Fostex TH-900 MK2 & TH600 Focal Clear Hifiman HE-6SE V2 Overall favourite is still the TH-900 for my personal preferences... no matter what I try, even at the very highest end, it always holds its own. I have owned and tried many others too. Including...
  5. M

Matrix Audio X-SABRE Pro MQA: Best Audio DAC in the World?

Has anyone compared the X-SABRE Pro the RME ADI-2 DAC fs (4490 version)? I'm currently using the RME, but I only really use it as a DAC and don't mess with any of the features except the bass and treble EQ dials. Wondering if I should sell it and buy the X-SABRE as my standalone DAC?
  6. M

Looking for DAC options for new setup

Hey, which DAC do you like the most? Any audible differences between them?
  7. M

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

I know this isn't the place for subjective comparisons. But I'm wondering if the AKM chip in this sounds meatier, fuller, more musical etc. than the SABRE chip in the SU-8. I moved from an old Modi DAC with an AKM chip to the SMSL SU-8 and the sound of the Sabre chip is definitely more detailed...
  8. M

$500 amplifiers to test and review?

Maybe one of the Burson Audio amps? The Soloist and Fun are around $500, maybe a bit less.
  9. M

Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp VS JDS Atom

Bloody time difference! It was 4 am here when the drop went live. Eh, I'll just get the Atom then. Not waiting until August to maybe get to order it.
  10. M

Review and Measurements of Schiit WYRD USB Filter

Right, I thought so. So basically all these USB "de-crapifiers" and conditioners/filters etc. are snake oil essentially?
  11. M

Review and Measurements of Schiit WYRD USB Filter

Any merit to more expensive solutions like the IFI MICRO IUSB3.0 or IFI Nano IGALVANIC3.0 USB Galvanic Isolation etc.? Or are they just as pointless as the Wyrd when going from a PC to a competent DAC?
Top Bottom