Search results

1. N

Vibration, diffraction measurements: Revel Salon2, F328Be, M105

I had posted previously about a tweak to speaker feet that reduced cabinet vibrations and made an audible difference even with frequency response hardly affected. Extending that work, the motivation here was to compare cabinet vibrations among speakers to see if we can learn more about how they...
  2. N

My HRTF Target vs Harman Target

In a previous post, I detailed how I measured my own Harman like target for my own head, which involved measuring my own HRTF using a loudspeaker and an in-ear microphone. Even headphones that follow the Harman curve on a dummy head measurement needed correction on my head. Is it due to my...
  3. N

Personalized HRTF and equalization using in-ear microphone

Published headphone measurements and Harman's target curve are derived based on measurements using a dummy head, with the intention that it represents an average of human heads. For people whose heads match the dummy's exactly, they should expect perfect Harman sound. What if my head isn't the...
  4. N

Topping LA90, Benchmark AHB2: Measurements and recordings comparison

To compare these high performance amplifiers driving Revel Salon2 speakers, I made measurements and recordings after swapping in each amp into the system, leaving every other aspect of the system unchanged. The LA90 was in low gain stereo mode, and the AHB2 was in its lowest gain stereo mode...
  5. N

Bi-amping Revel Salon2 makes an ABX audible difference

Does bi-amping make a difference? My Revel Salon2 speakers come with two pairs of binding posts, and the manual says: Revel does not endorse one particular connection method over another.... The design of this loudspeaker is such that optimal performance can be attained using the standard...
  6. N

Revel Salon2 measurably and ABX audibly improved by $5 silicone pads

My Salon2s had long been sitting flat on my hardwood floor, whereas the manufacturer recommends using the supplied spikes. Do speakers supports matter so much that it's worth potentially damaging my floors and raising an already high tweeter? Intuitively a compliant support such as blutack or...
Top Bottom