Search results

1. M

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

This is good info., & could be a solution enabling me to buy a DM7 as I need a Mch DAC simply for Mch music (DSD), but my old Denon receiver, has only RCA analogue inputs and no HDMI nor XLR. But I'd need a minimum of 10 boards for 5ch, not sure if I need 2 more for LFE as I don't use a Sub...
  2. M

Realtek audio on motherboards.

I recently built a PC using the ALC4080 audio chip (with audio boost 5 ) on the MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI Mothetboard. I can use the analogue outs into my Denon Receiver to give me 7.1 PCM surround sound plus stereo 7.1 surround DSD64. It does not sound quite as good as my Topping D50 or D10 DACs...
  3. M

Thanks for trying to help. I specified a DSD DAC as I would not want to do the pointless conversion of DSD to PCM. The Flex HT seems to be limited to PCM but otherwise somewhat interesting.
  4. M

I use the D10 with 2 active monitors which can use either balanced or unbalanced input, so I use balanced with the D10. I need a Mch DSD DAC for 5.1 Mch music with unbalanced outs. Any suggestions for around the same price as the DM7?
  5. M

Thanks for the advice everyone. OK I need to clarify that if I end up buying a different DAC, then it has to be able to do DSD. The BIG attraction with Topping is that they understand DSD and are affordable. Maybe the DM7 suffered low sales because more people are like me and don't need balanced...
  6. M

If I can find one and buy a DM7 how can I use it's balanced outs (TRS) into my old Denon's unbalanced (RCA) ins? The old Denon (AVR-1705) is pre HDMI.
  7. M

Topping 8-Channel Preamp: New Product Request

I play a lot of Mch music and I would buy a Topping DM7 if it had regular RCA outs to feed my old pre HDMI Denon AVR.
  8. M

XiVero Audio Tools are free now ( MusicScope, AudioRepair, XiSRC, AMTRA and HPEX)

I have been able to track down 2 of the installers: Music Scope & XiSRC the latter is certainly the free version, which I got from a friend. The former is the installer I had on my HDDs already and may not be the free version. I have uploaded them both to a 'Xero' folder on Mega. If I find the...
  9. M

XiVero Audio Tools are free now ( MusicScope, AudioRepair, XiSRC, AMTRA and HPEX)

Muchas Gracias Senor. I look forward to your new post giving us links we can use to download the installers. It's not a copy of the apps/tools themselves we require, but the little installer files. Which we can then store on our HDDs and keep for everyone's future needs
  10. M

I am a license holder of some XiVero apps but with their servers no longer checking licenses for e.g. XiSRC my apps no longer work. Shortly before they closed off access I asked them to do something about this problem and they put their unsupported apps on Sourceforge, but they are not there any...
  11. M

@dualazmak I am in awe, you make divine diagrams, of delightful draftmanship!
  12. M

No need to "find" a bunch of multi-channel DSF/DST/DSD-iso files. There are several sites legitimately selling DSD Downloads in Multi-channel.
  13. M

No! 'Most of the comments in this thread are questioning who or what it is for.' Simply because they hope to make it into something it isn't and was never intended to be. Only lack of imagination could cause this. Or imagination too finely focused on some other scenario than the simple reality...
  14. M

You got there in the end: it's ideal for surround audio like DSD and lossless PCM. Why bother with a quality DAC like this for movies/games anyway? You're better off with an AVR. Too many people here are conflating this wonder of a Mch DAC with an AVR.
  15. M

I imagine it is aimed more at multi-channel music than movies. I expect, but still looking for confirmation, that Foobar 2000 could use thi DAC for PCM and DSD multi-channel music. I imagine using it with several powered monitors and having no need for an AVR or audio processer, other than...
  16. M

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

I'm with Veri on this one, at the moment, but wonder why they updated the driver, & what it has supposedly fixed. The readme should have such details.
  17. M

@Vosya such arrogance is rather ugly.
  18. M

High-res audio comparison: Linn Records Free High Res Samples

? but surely that is exactly what they did and the next sentence following your quote from them says so, "So ADAM spared no efforts and decided to design its own high frequency power amp to allow the new high frequency unit to live up to its unique talents." Or do I misunderstand your...
  19. M

@Vosya I downloaded the driver from https://www.tpdz.net/newsinfo/474829.html official topping website. It includes the readme so why do you say, "All readme, of unknown origin, are not its constituent parts." Which I understand to mean you think the readme is not an official Topping document...
  20. M

@Voysya with the 'new driver' the readme files says in plain text, "Instruction£º 2019.12.04 The driver and configuration guide are suitable for all TOPPING DACs that need to be installed driver (except D30, DX7)." During installation of the 'new driver' it calls itself both version 5.00 and...
Top Bottom