Search results

1. Y

Yamaha NS-5000

Later tonight I will lug my 100 lb CODA #16 and my LA4 and DAC3B downstairs to the NS5000. I think it will be amazing though not where I want to use the #16. It is great to hear that the AHB2 was so good with the NS5000. I have owned the amp over the past decade about 5x. I think I made money...
  2. Y

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Thanks for the responses on the NS5000 and the AHB2s. I used to have the AHB2 monos on my much harder to drive Thiel CS3.7 (now sold) and the AHB2 was both my best and worst amp. I loved how that amp sounded but on some very demanding music other more powerful amps filled the bass region with...
  3. Y

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

When the AHB2 is used as a mono does it suffer in that it sees lower impedance for a given load. I am not technically astute in these matters so maybe I am not asking this question correctly. I have been told that an amp designed for stereo operation (like the AHB2) suffers in performance when...
  4. Y

NAD M23

@Couchshopper Did you have a chance to compare the AHB2 with the M23. I was about to buy the Blade 2 Meta but changed my mind due to concerns about kids poking the drivers and knocking it over. However, I would not have used my Benchmark AHB2 monos with them since I feel they lacked the bass of...
  5. Y

Yamaha NS-5000

@Coach_Kaarlo I have the NS5000 being delivered this week and now looking for an amp. I have a PeachTree GAN1 (modded) to hold me for a while. The modded GAN1 is really good but suffers in the user experience due to being all-digital single source input and no volume control (hard for family to...
  6. Y

Yamaha NS-5000

I decided that it was too dangerous to have with small kids around. For example, next Saturday we are having a kid's birthday in my home and if the Blade was around, I would be worried about the drivers being poked or being toppled over. The NS5000 has the grills and is not going to get knocked...
  7. Y

Yamaha NS-5000

I was thinking of a preamp with some tone, such as the Rotel Mitch P5. I have heard the integrated at that same model lineup. It was decent. However, after some experience with various preamps (Topping p90, CODA 07x, Schiit Feya+), I went back to the Benchmark LA4. I recently ordered the Holo...
  8. Y

Yamaha NS-5000

I should find out if my trade of my DAC for a NS5000 goes through tomorrow. I am now wondering what to use to drive them. I am thinking Benchmark AHB2 monos | CODA #16 | Purifi | Peachtree GAN1. I will be using a modded PeachTree GAN1 until I decide on the separates. I will be using the...
  9. Y

Yamaha NS 3000

@mahdi_mak2000 I am debating between the following 3 setups for a 12 x 11 x 9 room: KEF LS50 Meta + KEF FC62 sub KEF Reference 1 Meta Yamaha NS3000 - I have owned the KEF LS50 + KC62 sub recently but sold the KC62 sub due to 3 repair issues with the KC62 (considering giving the KC62 sub...
  10. Y

Musetec Audio (LKS Audio) MH-DA005 Review (DAC)

Hey ASR folks do not get upset if I do not believe in everything that is written here. DACs sound different to me and I like to foolishly spend my money on the DAC that sounds the best to me. However, I do come here for other info such as the following thread that helped me resolve a big DAC...
  11. Y

Sure, they sound the same. Until you buy some DACs and compare them side-by-side. Preferably using a preamp like a Benchmark LA4. I may have bought the Topping D90SE from the raves here or maybe it was from Sandu on Soundnews.net. I tend to like the choices of Sandu. The D90SE is good but not...
  12. Y

I actually paid $2962 for my Musetec 005. So sorry I meant Gustard X26 Pro, hope that typo did not cause you problems. The Topping D90SE was a decent DAC but it gave me fatigue with me RAAL SR1a headphones. However, it was decent with my 2-channel speakers. You put a bad signal into the SR1a...
  13. Y

I have had the following DACs in the last 2 years. - Benchmark DAC3B (in an all-BM stack) - Topping D90SE - Matrix Audio I 3 Pro - Audio Mirror Tubador SE III - Musetec 005 - Internal DAC in a KRELL K-300i integrated amp - Gustard X28 Pro The only DACs I have left are the Benchmark DAC3B and...
  14. Y

Stereophile tested a Topping Pre90

The LA4 and pre90 are identical (to my ears) with regards to neutrality. Though the LA4 is built to a much higher standard, better features, and also sounds perfect with every amp I used it with. I also think the LA4 is better than my CODA 07x which costs $6.5K and has been compared favorably to...
  15. Y

Stereophile tested a Topping Pre90

As someone who had the pre90 for more than 6 months (with Ext90) along with a Benchmark LA4 preamp and a CODA 07x preamp in the same system at the same time. I had some interesting experiences with the pre90. I bought the pre90 based on Sandu's review and comparison to his reference Benchmark...
  16. Y

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

I was recommending the pre90 for a few months on A'gon. Though I now sold mine to go back to the Benchmark LA4. Folks were telling me that the pre90 was a desktop level device and not worth even discussing. I laughed when I said it would be reviewed on Stereophile and then that seemed to bring...
  17. Y

I have 3 external DACs and 2 of them are very popular on this site, the Topping D90SE and Benchmark DAC3B. My best DAC, by a lot, is the $3K Musetec 005. I sold my Gustard X26 Pro to buy the Musetec 005. The Gustard was good but the Musetec is incredible. Someone will likely send one in to have...
  18. Y

Preamplifier suggestion for AHB2 (instead of LA4/HPA4)

https://soundnews.net/accessories/topping-pre90-ext90-review-pre-amp-my-power-amp/ My favorite reviewer.
  19. Y

On my setup I could not get the volume to scale properly. I also think the volume never completely shut off even at the lowest position. This was some time back and there have been some new amps come and go since then. My memory is a little soft on this now. I do know that I had hoped to replace...
  20. Y

The system where the sub is in in my child's playroom on Ikea bookshelves. The room has close to a 27-foot ceiling with tiny KEF LS50 speakers. This is a bit of a ridiculous system. I am not going to spend any money or time dial in the sub. My statement is that the sub running of the Topping...
Top Bottom