Search results

1. B

My OEM Car System has ruined HiFi for me. Thoughts?

I've come to a realization that my Mark Levinson OEM audio system in my 2015 Lexus RC-350 sounds drastically more enjoyable than any of my home audio HiFi setups. It's true that my home systems do sound more detailed, but they don't sound anywhere near as engaging and they all have a worse...
  2. B

Denon DP-400 Turntable has no treble

I'm a complete vinyl novice, though I have been reading a lot. I'm a digital streaming guy and I'm only getting into a vinyl setup so that I can rip some very hard to find folk records from a friend of mine. To that end I just picked up a secondhand Denon DP 400 with a Shure m91ED cart and a...
  3. B

Audyssey xt32 limited impact

I originally posted this in my receiver review channel (x3700h), but I think it would be more appropriate here. I'm not finding that xt32 is improving very much from a measurable perspective in my room. From an audible perspective, I don't notice a ton of difference with EQ on or off. The volume...
  4. B

2.1 Downmixing from Surround: How does it work?

I've recently "downgraded" to a 2.1 setup and due to a lightning strike have a currently limited setup. I have my new receiver (denon x3700h) setup to reflect my 2.1 setup, and I'm only streaming content from my older television right now while I wait for the new one. When I play content on...
  5. B

4k Upgrade: Bypass Receiver with HTPC for streaming?

I've been powering my livingroom off of a laptop into a SC-25 to a Samsung 1080p TV for the last 6 years, and it's been a great solution for me. I run all streaming solutions off of the TV including music and movies, with an external HDD powering Kodi. Unfortunately, this week a lightning storm...
  6. B

Fixing Boomy or unclear dialogue

I have an issue in my room where dialogue of TV/Movies can be hard to hear, and I think it's because the lower registers of the voice resonate within my room causing a slight boominess when people speak. I noticed it with my previous speakers before I applied MCACC and was able to mostly get rid...
Top Bottom