Search results

1. B

My OEM Car System has ruined HiFi for me. Thoughts?

Normally, I would agree with you except it also sounds better than some TOTL headphone gear too, which isn't subject to the environment its playing in for the most part.
  2. B

Lexus is made by Toyota, it's just brand sold to a different segment, but they share a ton of engineering, manufacturing and design principles. They may not put as much money into a RAV-4 as an RX-350, but I would expect it to share quite a bit
  3. B

Curious about the McIntosh systems in the new Jeeps too.
  4. B

Honestly not sure. I've never sat in another seat. It would probably take a decent amount of time doing so for an honest comparison.
  5. B

To the bolded point, certainly the relatively fixed nature of the seat matters, but you're still dealing with differing height and depth as the driver adjust their seat. In home audio we have DSP capabilities that can provide delay too with Room Correction tools like Audyssey and Dirac, neither...
  6. B

Audyssey xt32 is already applied in the orange line. Maybe there's more that can be done there but I've asked around and no one seems to have a method to do so outside of room treatments which mostly aren't possible in my current space. As for the comb filtering concern with the Tektons, I'm...
  7. B

I'm familiar with most of those except for the music sound programs, but many if not all of the others are very old and have never sounded very good to me. Modern soulutions liek what's being done with Impulcier seem more interesting: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Impulcifer
  8. B

Perhaps. Already have the AVR. Recommendations on what to look for in DSP?
  9. B

If they are doing that, I want it in my house. I've used Dirac at home and it doesn't do that. The biggest thing I notice is during solos of acoustic instruments like a guitar, accordian or bagpipes, there's more volume in the attack. It's like there's a buddy sitting next to me saying "this is...
  10. B

I have the bass boosted 1 tick, but the overwhelming majority of music I listen to isn't really bass heavy - mostly folk/americana/bluegrass. The bass I hear isn't sub-bass but usually upright bass, bodhran, kick drum and guitar. It's got more slap and thud than rumble
  11. B

It looks like it's $2750 now, and I think it was $2k back in 2015 (bought this used last year). Which isn't that much. I don't think the quality of components would surpass my home gear, especially because money doesn't spend linear between home, car and headphones. On headphones for instance...
  12. B

Just 2 channel. It's very possible. I have heard music played with simulated surround back when I had a 5 channel system, but it never sounded very good to me. It's entirely possible that in the years since that, they've come up with good simulated surround.
  13. B

I could definitely see treatment helping smooth out the bass some, but I don't see it doing a better job of creating a 3d soundstage that curves around my listening position and provides depth. Unfortunately I rent, so most solutions have to be temporary like furniture. I've already measured my...
  14. B

Right. There's definitely a much higher noise floor. It's just that the reproduction of the sound is much more dynamic and lifelike than it is in my hifi environments. As far as you not wanting people to immerse themselves in music while driving, you'd have to go back 60+ years in order to stop...
  15. B

I've come to a realization that my Mark Levinson OEM audio system in my 2015 Lexus RC-350 sounds drastically more enjoyable than any of my home audio HiFi setups. It's true that my home systems do sound more detailed, but they don't sound anywhere near as engaging and they all have a worse...
  16. B

Denon DP-400 Turntable has no treble

Right, I'm definitely trying to avoid that. I'm ideally looking to do this just once so that I can digitize in as close to a neutral/cd-like presentation and quality as possible and then just leave the player alone 99% of the time. I don't intend on building a record collection except maybe to...
  17. B

I'm using a Denon x3700h - while it rates very well as an amplifier according to Amir's measurements here, there's almost no info from denon or 3rd parties ont he performance or specs of the phono stage. How do you like to go about determining the capacitance you're working with on a given...
  18. B

Correct. In the last picture I sent the arm was resting on the tone arm lift.
  19. B

I was mistaken. There are indeed 4 wires from the tonearm. At any rate, it seems using the built in preamp is offering an additional improvement over the one in my amp (surprisingly). There's quite a bit less noise now. I was previously hearing crackle out of my speakers even with the tonearm...
  20. B

Thanks for the info. Just to clarify, because I mentioned it, but removing the acrylic mat and redoing the the VTF adjustment had a massive improvement, so I'm getting closer to something decent now. I'll definitely look at getting one of those other cartridges though, as it seems the...
Top Bottom