Search results

1. R

Audeze MM-500

I have adjusted these settings since I posted them a while back. These are the new settings, I think they are a bit more refined than the old ones: Filter 2: ON LS Fc 80.00 Hz Gain 7 dB Q 2.000 Filter 7: ON PK Fc 300.0 Hz Gain -0.30 dB Q 2.000 Filter 8: ON PK...
  2. R

Audeze MM-500

Since there are no EQ profiles out yet for these, I used the measurements from Headphones (posted above) and tried to match it to the Harman target in REW. I'm sure better profiles will come out from the major players, but for now I like the result I get with this one. You can of course change...
  3. R

Focal Clear Professional Review

I got a pair of OG Clears recently, refurbished by focal. I haven’t been able to get them to crackle. At extreme levels on bass heavy tracks, I get a very polite clicking noise, but nothing like what I have seen on YouTube clips. Either I got really lucky, which would be rarity, or they have...
  4. R

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I don’t know, disposable income arrives too late in life.
  5. R

Struggling with noise and I think I'm out of my depth...

Just reporting back that the SMSL fixed the issue. Thanks everyone.
  6. R

Auditory Resolution

Not to mention the crazy compression algorithms it uses.
  7. R

Auditory Resolution

Yeah, consciousness is always dragging behind reality. And when there’s a disconnect, it confabulates.
  8. R

Auditory Resolution

I didn't know this. Britannica has an entry on it. It gets even more interesting: The perceptual system has lots of cool tricks up its sleeve. Hyperacuity is one of my favorites. Basically, the smallest distance your retina can resolve, is about half the minimum distance between two...
  9. R

Auditory Resolution

Again, that’s sampling resolution. I’m asking about transduction resolution.
  10. R

Auditory Resolution

I mean, a lens doesn’t care about the fate of the light it transmits.
  11. R

Auditory Resolution

Thinking some more about this, I think together bandwidth and THDN should contain all the resolution information. Bandwidth gives you the minimum and maximum frequency your system can resolve, regardless of contrast (i.e. amplitude), and THDN tells you the minimum contrast required at each...
  12. R

Auditory Resolution

Maybe I was being too modest: There indeed exist similar metrics, they're just not used in this field. High rez is about sampling resolution, nothing to do with this.
  13. R

Auditory Resolution

Resolution is a totally mundane idea in vision. I don't mean pixels in the digital domain. Analogue optical devices have a specified resolution in terms of spatial frequency and contrast. But I cannot find any such metric for sound reproduction. I suppose for sound you would need a temporal...
  14. R

Ordered the SMSL, thanks for the suggestion.
  15. R

Yeah after reading more about ground loops I figured that must be the reason. Indeed the pi has a two prong plug and the NUC a three pronged one. I swapped the NUC power brick with another one and that made things better, not perfectly, but a good bit. Short of getting an amp and a DAC with...
  16. R

Hey everyone, I recently switched from an rpi 4 to a NUC 8 i5 acting as Roon Core, Roon endpoint, Spotify Connect, and Shairport receiver. All through Equalizer APO. I had no issues with the pi setup, the NUC however, produces audible crackle, noise, hum, hiss, wheer, jeer, gurrr... This...
  17. R

Arturia Minifuse 2 Review (Audio Interface)

Often the primary selling point of such an interface is its low latency performance and driver support. RME, for instance, is popular in the pro world becuase of its low latency and hassle free drivers, not the qualities that we care about. I wonder how Arturia performs in that regard. It could...
Top Bottom