Search results

1. Dimifoot

Stereophile's Jim Austin Says Streaming Atmos Sucks

I never listen to stereo. I have passed this test back in 2015.
  2. Dimifoot

If there are people here that haven’t heard the superiority of TrueHD Atmos compared to DD+ Atmos, level matched, there is no point discussing. Really. Are you into multichannel music at all? Movies? Maybe we should do a double blind study to prove that it’s safer to jump off an airplane with a...
  3. Dimifoot

Next time you have the chance, ask someone to swap the codec without you knowing what’s playing. And you will find out.
  4. Dimifoot

So let me understand. You are stating that DD+ Atmos is indistinguishable from TrueHD Atmos?
  5. Dimifoot

Of course. We could also make an objective test for audible threshold of SINAD or IMD or Jitter measurements, and we haven’t. But we prefer excellence in measurements. Lossy DD+ is far from excellent in 2024. Objectively. We should ask for more, as we do in equipment reviews. I mentioned my...
  6. Dimifoot

Objectively it’s compressed. DD+ We know that. Do you want me to organise a double blind study, with a statisticaly significant number of listeners, in order to express my opinion on how it sounds?
  7. Dimifoot

No. I am describing what I am hearing. I thought it was obvious that this was subjective, musical enjoyment, not measurements.
  8. Dimifoot

Well it’s definitely worse than 256mp3. I will try it, I have an Apple TV 4K. I hope it will sound better.
  9. Dimifoot

I am aware of this. It’s about 10-13dbs below as you mentioned, so yes, I have to raise volume accordingly with Tidal Atmos to get to Reference Level. But the problem is that it sounds harsh like 128mp3. I am not using loudness compensation because I mainly listen to Reference (average...
  10. Dimifoot

I would be very happy if that was true. I would love to be able to enjoy all the content that’s available in Tidal Atmos as much as I do with lossless Atmos and Auro discs (I have plenty). But I don’t. It sounds compressed, annoyingly, and I am not talking about “golden ear” stuff. It’s obvious...
  11. Dimifoot

There’s a noticeable and annoying sound quality degradation with Dolby Atmos lossy streaming compared to physical media Dolby Atmos. Personally I always prefer upmixing the 2 channel lossless version with Auromatic (Auro3d) than streaming the lossy Atmos through Tidal. Please note that I never...
  12. Dimifoot

Genelec 8361A in a distance of 3,5m/11,5ft or something else?

OK, the problem is something like “ I have Haaland and Mbappe that I could use as strikers in my team, who should I go for?”
  13. Dimifoot

Datasat LS10 AV Processor Review

It’s outdated, and the price is high. Get a Storm, or a Trinnov.
  14. Dimifoot

Anything more than the Genelec 8030c is pissing money away.

The 8030c is a nearfield monitor (up to 1.5-1.8m) , just like 8330a. So if the thread title was "Anything more than the Genelec 8030c (for nearfield listening), is pissing money away." it would be closer to reality. Buying more Listening Distance is very expensive.
  15. Dimifoot

Audio Engineering Society Paper and Help?

Well, I am happy that you finally have decided to do so :)
  16. Dimifoot

Which MEG Geithains?

M804K
  17. Dimifoot

Topping PA5 & E50 + Bowers Wilkins 805 & Complex room (+RePhase, A07, Rotel, Up/Front, Toe-in)

Exactly. The 805N is OK up to 2m distance. The size of the woofer is important.
Top Bottom