Search results

1. T

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

Thank you @amirm As much we may understand Eric’s point of view that a minor cabinet leak can, and will change the port turning, and measuring on a different axis will affect the measurement, I feel that the owner’s reaction was unnecessary. The approach to critical feedback can be managed in...
  2. T

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

The power of towers! Let the real reviews begin!
  3. T

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Doesn't exist. @jackocleebrown sorted that out too.
  4. T

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Not bad, not bad. @jackocleebrown Now people will finally understand why there's reason a bookshelf speaker sounds better than your bluetooth speaker the size of a carton of milk, and what the floorstander with multiple larger woofers offers. You, me, @amirm , @Sean Olive know that we can't...
  5. T

SOLD: (AU/Worldwide)- Purifi

Purifi original PTT6.5X04-NFA pair 3 pictures attached, as below: Usual price: US $439 eg. ex. Madisound Will ship in original Purifi boxes, as above, and then double packed for damage protection. I pay for extra packaging, you pay postage please. My selling price US $539 pair Shipping...
  6. T

FS (AU/Worldwide): SMSL SU-1 DAC

For sale is an SMSL SU-1 DAC. Top performing DAC, as reviewed here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/smsl-su-1-stereo-dac-review.44029/ BNIB. Inspected but unused. Excellent condition. Original purchase price US$80 All reasonable offers considered. Original box...
  7. T

Revel Salon 2 - $15 k 'last dance' sale

The manufacturers move where market goes. I recall a video or talk where Sean Olive commented that the home audio business is about 10% of Harman’s business. Some astute readers may be able to give a link; when I recall or find it, I will reference it. A large part of Harman is business to...
  8. T

What kind of soundbar are you looking for? One without deep and/or loud bass?
  9. T

Samsung already has one. US$999 IIRC complete with wireless rear speakers AND subwoofer. The TOTL model is the 11.1.4 Atmos equipped HW-Q990C, released in 2023. @Kal Rubinson Are you able to get early access to the Q990D of 2024, for a review for Stereophile?
  10. T

Sony MDRV6 Headphone Review (with/without BRAINWAVZ Pad)

This is an ancient piece based on the 7506 Hopefully their new model is better: https://pro.sony/en_PH/products/headphones/mdr-mv1
  11. T

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

Yes it’s a shame that’s the case. Neither this or the Era 300 can be connected directly to a TV or HT system. You need a Sonos soundbar for that… Reference: Sonos.com Also interesting how the raggedy response, perhaps NOT due to resonances, but interference between multiple drivers doesn’t...
  12. T

DIY 2-way with complete spinorama / CTA2034A measurements - Purifi and Scan-Speak

I keep getting private messages about my reference system. Unfortunately the drivers are now difficult to source worldwide, since they are over 10 years old and difficult to purchase in single units. Apart from the jagged dip at 5KHz due to diffraction of the baffle with the tweeter, I'm quite...
  13. T

Blast (and boom!) from the past - TC Sounds TC2+

They were one of the first drivers manufacturers to combine ultra long throw eg. >1" excursion by BL 70% critera with low inductance motors. Here's the frequency response of the my LMS-R 15" in a 2 cu foot box. Here's the harmonic "structure" thanks to the low Le(x) motor: You could use it...
  14. T

DIY 2-way with complete spinorama / CTA2034A measurements - Purifi and Scan-Speak

@bigjacko The tweeter is the SB19ST-C000-4 Yes you are right- the dip is diffraction related; the clue is that there is an on-axis dip, but it doesn't exist in the off axis. As you probably know, if I were to correct for it, and completely flatten the on axis, then I'd get peaking in that 5-7...
  15. T

sphere shaped speakers

Spheroidal cabinets are excellent in terms of diffraction management. Exhibit A: raw response of a 6" midrange driver, in a 8" spheroidal cabinet, measured at 10 degrees intervals, at 1m. 5ms gate. 1/24 octave smoothing. Tuning applied: @René - Acculution.com State of the art, don't...
  16. T

Blast (and boom!) from the past - TC Sounds TC2+

These were excellent woofers. And near state of the art. I have a pair of LMS-R in 2 cu ft sealed cabinets. And very difficult to characterise/measure; simply because they play insanely loud. It was a shame when the company went under. Just goes to show that a technically superior product...
  17. T

Active Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

@sweetchaos I like most of your recommendations, but as has been pointed out, being far far away in lands down under, the value proposition is, well, upside down, when shipping costs can cost as much as the product. As you may know, I design my own So yes, I’ve measured a few for internal...
  18. T

Active Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

Well this is how Brent measured his sample: Reference: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rJkw0Z2X17oO19W7lxQrjntOceEqKeB9/view Others, with thanks to Brent Butterworth: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rku7tKIhn_bdbgd3cLaqEta39olZCpxzbJ0tp2YoeNw/edit?pli=1#gid=0 Here's now my sample...
Top Bottom