Search results

1. milosz

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

On the FR graph in your original review at https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/tekton-m-lore-speaker-review.48732/ you make the comment "fairly uneven" but what I see is ± 4 dB from 70 Hz to about 18 kHz. That does not seem "fairly uneven" to me, really. It's not ± 3 dB...
  2. milosz

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

I was sitting at the table, so were a few others. His attention was riveted on his phone. I said something to him but he didn't acknowledge or reply; perhaps he didn't hear me, it was quite loud in all the rooms at Axpona. I could see he was busy swiping left (or whatever he was doing) so I just...
  3. milosz

I drove to Axpona yesterday and stopped by the Dan Clark booth, hoping to engage with the company a little but the person minding the store was too busy on his phone, I couldn't easily get his attention. I have $8,000 of Dan Clark headphones and I thought maybe they'd be interested in hearing...
  4. milosz

...by the way, Amirm, are you going to review the Corina?
  5. milosz

I still LOVE my DC Stealths. I like them even more than the Corina that I have. FYI I am not a person that has more money than sense. I lack both, as it turns out. :cool:
  6. milosz

VTA ST-70 Review (Stereo Tube Amplifier)

I had a Stereo 70 which was the original circuit except for new capacitors and the film caps in the front end stages were replaced by fancier caps ("Multicap" brand) I did some A/B tests with it against a Forte 4a amp and also against a Harman-Kardon Citation II using Quad ESL-57 speakers...
  7. milosz

DEQX Premate 8 digital active crossover / DSP

Yeah if you don't have the money you can't buy it.
  8. milosz

I got mine a couple of weeks ago. I've been advised to wait for a software update prior to setting it up with my quad-amped speaker system. It's a beta product, I'm part of a beta test, this sort of thing is to be expected. Some of the beta users haven't waited and are using their units now...
  9. milosz

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Very nice. That low distortion characteristic will really help bass sound deep. Kind of amazing that they were able to keep the THD down like that all the way to the bottom. How's the group delay in the bass? That's usually where some problems arise with ported systems.
  10. milosz

Down4Sound JP95 Car Amplifier Review

What is the typical background noise level in a moving car? You are NEVER going to hear the noise component in a 69 dB SINAD from a car amplifier! Yes it's worthwhile to mention that the amp doesn't perform like a home amp - but keep in mind that it DOESN'T NEED TO! An important part of...
  11. milosz

Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier Review & Comparison

What I've found is that the various Kevin Gilmore electrostatic amps I've tried allowed greater undistorted voltage swing. This was especially apparent on the SR-007a which seems to need more oomph than the other 'phones I've tried, but which also produces really great sound when driven well. I...
  12. milosz

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

I will bet dollars to donuts that if any of these DAC owners did blind listening tests to their DACs against other DACs they would be completely unable to tell the difference.
  13. milosz

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

$10,000? How many miles per gallon does it get? What are the zero-to-sixty and quarter mile times? Wait, WHAT!?!?! It's NOT a used car???
  14. milosz

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

No test of the tuner? Tsk tsk. Even Stereo Review tested tuners. What's this world coming to? I'll tell ya, back in my day.... etc and so forth. But- no test of Bluetooth. Hmmm. And - I'm surprised there no phono input. You'd think a stereo receiver would have a phono stage, even at these...
  15. milosz

JBL Conceal C62 Invisible Speaker Review

The remarkable thing, my dear Mr. Watson, is not his diction but the fact that the dog speaks English at all......
  16. milosz

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

A 90 Hz sound has a wavelength of 12.5 feet (3.8 m) so it's unlikely you can localize a 90 Hz tone from a subwoofer. Assuming the crossover is typical 24 dB for a simple DSP application, there will be some midrange coming out of that sub, more and more at higher and higher crossover...
  17. milosz

Waiting for mine. No word yet on when it will be shipped, except "soon." There's an awful lot of misunderstanding on display in this thread. One of the main features of the DEQX is the software. It's not just about DSP. Even if you can write your own DSP code, how are you going to turn...
  18. milosz

ifi Zen Phono Review (phono stage)

I think that a lot of the "sound" of a phono stage will be down to headroom* - how it handles the large and medium-large signals caused by even minor ticks, pops and crackle on vinyl. How much distortion do these signal swings cause, and how quickly does the preamp recover. *Assuming decent...
  19. milosz

Choosing headphones under 500-600$ in 2023

Sennheiser HD600 is a great choice in this price range. Buy a used pair in good condition for ~$250 put the rest of the $500 twords a good amplifier. HD600s sound very good with a balanced amp, balanced cable. (And don't spend a lot on the cable!)
  20. milosz

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

What units is detail measured in?
Top Bottom