Search results

1. F

THE HI-FI SHOW IN AUSTRIA

The audiofool mental condition in full display.
  2. F

Classic Audio MC Pro Phonostage Review

When I see such "neatly" laid out PCBs with components grouped and mirrored, I find myself wondering whether performance has been left on the table, where a less aesthetically pleasing design optimized for performance (wrt trace routing and isolation) would measure better.
  3. F

Impressions and internal photos of the Audiophonics MPA-S250NC

The NC-250MP has better all-around performance (lower SINAD both at low and full power, lower crosstalk) compared to the Vidar with similar power output and lower waste. An amplifier cannot be "overpowered" for any pair of speakers, assuming it has correct gain to match the source output. You...
  4. F

Minidsp C-DSP 8x12 V2.0 Review

Does the ADC portion really start to saturate above 0.8V? That's a very line input low voltage, esp. for automotive where 4V or even 6V audio line outputs are common.
  5. F

KEF R3 meta Measurements

Wondering how it would perform with a Purify 6.5" driver in it. Through I would imagine KEF would never use such a "weird" looking driver since they put too much emphasis on exterior design.
  6. F

Matrix Element X2 Streamer Review

What are the audible benefits of that?
  7. F

After contacting Audiophonics support, I apparently learned that you can use a custom USB to TS jack lead (3.5mm mono, +5V at tip, GND at sleeve) to trigger the amplifier on and off via display or computer power status. The rep assured them trigger function is "totally disconnected from the...
  8. F

Your subjective perception of the amplifier's performance.
  9. F

Just an update, my amp is now almost two years old and keeps humming along without issue. I don't turn it off either (due to inconvenient placement and laziness), it's left on 24/7.
  10. F

Topping PA3s Review (Desktop Amplifier)

Well, unless you have an AV prepro ($$$$ and questionable performance), a miniDSP 2X4 ("OK" performance according to an early review by Amir) or one of the very few subs with high-pass outputs (questionable performance), a powered sub won't take some of the load. 2.1 bass management solutions...
  11. F

DDRC-24 - Dirac Live on a budget?

What other options do I have?
  12. F

I want to manage 3 outputs, 2 outputs as stereo to my DBR62s and a mono output to my subwoofer.
  13. F

Can Dirac Live apply filters to both 4 (2 stereo) outputs? Does the 2 channel license means that it doesn't support multichannel (above 2 stereo channels) input?
  14. F

Then this is not what I'm looking for, this fact instantly disqualifies the DDRC. I want to do proper bass management with high-pass on the ELACs and low-pass on the subwoofer.
  15. F

I'm looking into trying Dirac Live, and I'm looking into a cheap way of doing it. For reference, my system consists of a pair of ELAC DBR62 speakers in a nearfield configuration and a BK Electronics XLS200DF subwoofer. Speakers use an Audiophonis NC252MP amp, exclusively fed by a Topping D10...
  16. F

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Before buying a new amp, you might as well try the one you have first. It's possible Iota's power is enough for your own listening habits.
  17. F

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

The DBR62 (for my taste at least) has really no appreciable output below 65ish Hz. A subwoofer is mandatory for proper reproduction of lower frequencies. Also, I don't think the Iota has enough power to properly drive them before. I used to have a Yamaha AS-501 but was unhappy with the...
Top Bottom