Search results

1. doctorjuggles

FS: ZMF Eikon Ltd - ziricote with magnesium chassis

3 years old - these were purchased at CanJam 2019 and therefore do not have the ZMF box Ultra-rare (I believe it's the only ziricote Eikon ever made, but I'm open to correction on that). It also has the upgraded magnesium chassis - retail new was around £1,699 if I remember correctly The...
  2. doctorjuggles

Wanted: Topping D10/D10s or Schiit Eitr

As mentioned, any of these 3 models. Preferably UK based if possible but I’m willing to look outside too :) Thanks
  3. doctorjuggles

Anyone heard the Romi BX2?

Getting a little bit of attention on head-fi, but I was wondering if anyone in here has heard it? Looks pretty decent - balanced and SE options on both in and out jacks too. https://www.romiaudio.com/product-page/romi-audio-balanced-headphone-amp-lessbx2 Quite niche, I'd imagine it's a while...
  4. doctorjuggles

What causes hiss in IEMs?

I have been wondering about the cause of hiss in sensitive IEMs when plugged into certain DAPs/amps etc. I have only experienced it rarely, but several of my friends cite hiss as a constant issue for them and it got me wondering - is it a design flaw in certain sources? Certain IEMs? Or is it...
  5. doctorjuggles

Why do DAPs have such poor battery life?

Most DAPs these days run very much like a smartphone, many even use Android or at least an Android fork as their OS. They’re also usually chunkier than phones so there should be plenty of space for the battery. On top of that, their screens are usually lower resolution and many other features...
  6. doctorjuggles

DIY cable gallery and discussion

I'm surprised this thread doesn't already exist here at ASR, but if not, someone has to start it, right? I've just started learning to make cables, mostly for my IEMs and headphones, and I've found that I really enjoy it. So after a couple of little repair jobs, some practising of soldering...
  7. doctorjuggles

Testing IEM phase polarity

I’m 99% sure one of my IEMs is wired out of phase (using the standard “in phase/out of phase” sound tests one can find online) but if I want to be 100% sure, it there anything I can do to test it?
  8. doctorjuggles

Outputting Windows audio to a Raspberry Pi Roon endpoint with AMP HAT

Not sure where to post this, apologies if it's in the wrong place. Anyway, I have a question regarding my PC setup. I am running Roon on a headless server and my PC setup has a Raspberry Pi with RopieeeXL (and I have a DietPi build too which I can swap out). This has a Justboom AMP HAT and...
  9. doctorjuggles

Genelec 8020 or Kef LSX?

Currently considering these two speakers for a small room/study system. The Genelecs would be controlled via the XLR outputs of a DX7s, but they require extra cabling and the system doesn’t need to be complicated. I like the idea of the neater wireless option of the Kef and I’d be lying if I...
  10. doctorjuggles

DIY beginners courses?

I’ve recently been interested in improving my DIY knowledge after doing a couple of very basic repair jobs (and by very basic I mean 3.5mm stereo pin repairs, seriously basic). Anyway, I enjoy things like that and I’d like to learn more. Are there any courses that people can recommend which I...
  11. doctorjuggles

Sold: Campfire Audio Solaris IEMs

Selling a barely used pair of Solaris as I've recently upgraded to a pair of 64 Audio U18t and the bank balance can't handle both. Purchased in April and barely used (I don't think they've seen more than 50 hours use) All accessories are included, and the earbuds haven't been used as I have...
  12. doctorjuggles

Repairing IEM MMCX connectors

I've recently bought an entry-level soldering iron with the goal of being able to repair my multitude of cables, especially IEM cables. Due to their size/portability, it's these cables that most often seem to break and, at the prices that can sometimes be charged, it's been a waste of money down...
  13. doctorjuggles

PC onboard optical signals

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place Assuming your DAC is of a decent build and design quality, is the optical out toslink signal from a PC’s motherboard generally considered bitperfect, or is it best to output from a third-party card (mine is an Asrock Z370 Extreme4 if it matters, but...
Top Bottom