Search results

1. R

Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC and Streamer Review

Aging? Absolutely not. Technically better being unlikely? Don't know about that... here's a couple of chip DACs sweating a bit.
  2. R

Focal Clear Review (headphone)

When I owned the original Clears back in 2017-18, they sounded great out of the box but quickly realized how easily they start to distort and clip at higher SPLs. Focal has done well with the new '22 Utopia, I had drive that HP hard and won't hear it distort at all, unless maybe if I EQ the bass...
  3. R

Audiophiliac Steve Guttenberg reviews the Genelec G Three...

Things he doesn't like, he doesn't review. That's how it works, and that's why it looks like he "likes everything". One example is the Chord Dave, he didn't like the sound and sent it back.
  4. R

Focal Utopia Review (Headphone)

There absolutely is a measured difference between the OG and the 22. The FR is not the same, and there may be other parameters which differ slightly, maybe even slightly lowered distortion. It doesnt sound forward in the high frequencies as my OG used to either, and that is very obvious in...
  5. R

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

I went with Roon + Tidal. Total monthly subscription fee is a bit expensive but it just works great and provides heaps of functionality with the 8Cs, my Tambaqui for the headphone setup and other Airplay & Sonos devices. Importing music from Spotify to Tidal was a bit of a pain as some tracks...
  6. R

Focal Utopia Review (Headphone)

I spent three hours swapping between the '22 Utopia and the Susvara, in the end the Utopia was the better sounding can. Susvara has more "air" and bigger soundstage, but just doesn't have the engagement factor the Utopia does, and the resolution/clarity & precision imaging of the Utopia is...
  7. R

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Thanks Martijn. I was able to resolve the speaker sync issue through consultation with Kevin and Jimmy at D&D. It is working smoothly now, with both connected to a TP-Link TL-SG105E. This switch has power optimisation, "green technology"; but doesn't seem to affect the speakers sync at all. As...
  8. R

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Nope, dealer didn't have Black/Natural and had to be ordered in, took 2 months. I presume these were manufactured to ordered.
  9. R

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Some retailers are just sellers. Maybe they offer a commissioning service, but I didn't ask for it and don't really need that. The 8C's out of the box shouldn't be incompatible with the latest available app version and have FW updates fail unless done manually through RMS. I've already got a...
  10. R

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Well, everything is working smoothly now with the 8C's. It does seem to be a speaker sync issue which lasts something like 20 to 30 min after turning them on (cold start). I realized I could put the speakers into standby by holding down the circle within the Ascend app. I have picked up Roon +...
  11. R

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Oh yeah, the newest version of the software is fantastic when it's all updated and running, it's just that when D&D ship their speakers, they got to make sure they actually have FW onboard that is compatible with the newest available app.... no idea why my brand new 8C's came with v2.1! I was...
  12. R

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Thats true re. The volume control, but you can also control spotify through Ascend which has finer control and a gain offset. Speakers should just remember previous volume settings. If not, D&D have a lot to do to refine their software. Spotify is my only streaming service, waiting for Hi-Res...
  13. R

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Does anyone get Spotify connect issues with the 8C's? When I switch them on and try play via network the sound is only coming through one speaker and its intermittent. There is nothing wrong with the network - Ascend app has registered both speakers, I can control them fine from the app and...
  14. R

Can the Topping A90D run the Susvara

Holo Audio Bliss, just go with the standard version. Insanely powerful and measures up perfect.
  15. R

Dutch 8C owners - What do you feed them?

Not saying Tambaqui's bringing anything to the table; I have it along with a Holo Bliss (which has a high-quality analog pre-amp out) for my headphone set-up, and yes, I have four different sources handled by the Tambaqui. If I only had the 8c's, I wouldn't go out buying a DAC. What I'm saying...
  16. R

You won't hear it when considering its a part of a speaker system - the typical THD+N of the PCM4202 ADC is -105 dB, the typical THD+N of the PCM4104 DAC is -100dB. Noise from the Class D amps would be far more of a concern than the ADC anyway, yet no one can hear noise from the Dutch 8c, it...
  17. R

I feed it analog straight out of my Tambaqui / Holo Bliss pre. The analog conversion is extremely transparent to the source, and IMO might be better than feeding it digital - resamples at 24-bit, the ADC, DSP and DAC are synced to the same clock, no ASRC, no jitter to worry about.
  18. R

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Yes, a few. I'll ask around if I can't get my hands on the Sound Anchor. I will have to provide the top plate dimensions and mating arrangement to them, not sure where to get the drawing from, if D&D even provide one. Also stands needs to be rated for 26KG and has to be quite inert.
  19. R

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Thanks. I've found the Dutch & Dutch 8C specific Sound Anchor COMPADJ stands from the D&D US Store: https://dutchdutch.us/product/ddcompadj/ It's frustrating that my dealer in AU isn't offering it. Requested if they can ship overseas to Australia.
  20. R

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Does anyone know of good 3rd party stands for the 8c? I am looking for a design with a single column in the middle or back, like the one used in this demo: I also believe this is the same stand Erin had in his review of the 8c. I absolutely HATE the four-pillar design of the Dutch&Dutch...
Top Bottom