Search results

1. S

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Correct and many things that are tested are NOT audible and thereby pointless. Often the guise is "good engineering". Good engineering in my opinion is not wasting time and money in things that don't matter.
  2. S

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I don't use ASR to decide on what gear to purchase as all. I read it purely out of interest. You say 100% a DAC is measurement implying that there is almost no point even listening to them. Which then leaves out one of the most important things that makes a DAC sound the way they.... The filters...
  3. S

Home Theater Bypass - Subwoofer setup

Ok so above won't work for me properly... There is delay on the front speakers to match the surrounds... Even if I dial the delay down to the minimum (one of the surrounds is lowest) bring that to the zero point and then bring all the other speakers back to match this amount, it won't be enough...
  4. S

Home Theater Bypass - Subwoofer setup

So an option that no one seems to have thought of is using the second set of outputs on the preamp to feed an input (let's say aux) on the HT preamp. Your DAC/TT feeds your stereo preamp and one output goes to the stereo amp and the other goes to the surround preamp which then controls your...
  5. S

Review and Measurements of Marantz AV8805 AV Processor

I don't claim to have superiority of hearing... You need to calm down. I'm giving an opinion that there is much more to it than running a few tests. The fact that I could hear the difference in the iso regen had nothing to do with superiority of hearing, we are using different systems, in...
  6. S

Review and Measurements of Marantz AV8805 AV Processor

I think people get way too caught up in the measurements. I recently bought the anthem AVM 60 and while the movie aspect sounded very good... For music it was very bright with way too much presence in the 2k to 5k region (it was very fatiguing) . I saw a bunch of test results that indicated it...
Top Bottom