Search results

1. BluesDaddy

ancient history: M-Audio Audiophile 2496 and Delta 410 cards from close to 25yrs ago

As noted above, I still am using an Audiophile 2496 to record LPs using its analog inputs from my phono preamps outputs. It's a Win10 PC not a Win7 as I stated above (originally it was Win 7). I've had no issues using the card, but the PC is 12 years old (maybe older) and I'm thinking about...
  2. BluesDaddy

ancient history: M-Audio Audiophile 2496 and Delta 410 cards from close to 25yrs ago

I still have an Audiophile 2496 in my Win7 PC that I use to record LPs to digital. Still works quite well.
  3. BluesDaddy

Internet Upload Speeds

I always figured it was because Comcast didn't want people running servers out of their homes.
  4. BluesDaddy

Does Anyone Else Enjoy The Sound From Their Smartphone Speakers?

I've a 2nd generation iPhone SE and the only time I really listen to the speakers is when my wife and I do our daily walks together. The sound is surprisingly good for what it is, but when I walk alone I wear blue tooth earbuds.
  5. BluesDaddy

What's the difference between Tuner and Radio?

This post did prompt my memory that I have a Sansui tuner from the 1980s boxed away in a closet since I have either a receiver or a pre-processor that includes a tuner for all three of the systems set up in my house. I can't remember, however, the last time I listened to the radio outside my car...
  6. BluesDaddy

What's the difference between Tuner and Radio?

One might also differentiate between A radio (a device as described above) and THE radio (i.e. broadcasts over radio waves that are received by radios and tuners). Hence, I can use a tuner to listen to the radio. :D
  7. BluesDaddy

McIntosh MC462 Stereo Amplifier Review (by ErinsAudioCorner.com)

Back in '73, when you could order essentially sales pamphlets off an information card of most of their advertisers included in each issue of Stereo Review, McIntosh was something I lusted after as a 17 year old building a Dynaco SCA-80Q kit (along with Klipschorn speakers, though God knows where...
  8. BluesDaddy

Has the objective of ASR been reached?

But regarding the latter, the question one should ask oneself is "WHY do I like it more". "It sounds better" is, using the proper techniques with properly designed and functioning electronics, generally demonstrably NOT the accurate answer.
  9. BluesDaddy

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

How much higher are we talking? I mean, I have 67 year old ears, in a 20' by 19' room, and don't even listen to movies THAT loud. I was reading the review on the Emotiva XPS-1 phono preamp, which I've had for years, and realized I've never turned up the volume without music playing to hear if I...
  10. BluesDaddy

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Tempting. But I also realized, if I'm not mistaken, I could get a 6-Channel NC252MPs and bridge three pairs of channels for LCR and then an 8-channel for the rest of the channels.
  11. BluesDaddy

Thanks. Makes sense, but not sure my OCD would let me do that. ;) But I am interested in swapping out my Class AB amps for something that runs cooler in the summer. I'll give it some more thought.
  12. BluesDaddy

This may be answered previously in the thread, but curious as to why your multi-channel amps are all even number of channels? I run an 11.2 Atmos system and as far as I'm aware (albeit haven't kept up much in the last few years) most multichannel speaker systems are odd numbered. Why only even...
  13. BluesDaddy

Can we discuss the BMR Tower?

Amazing they're selling all they can produce.
  14. BluesDaddy

Each to his own, I guess.
  15. BluesDaddy

Morrow SP3 Review (Speaker Cable)

It may be inferior, but it is certainly not "obsolete" since it is still in use in probably 99% of all new audio equipment. In over 50 years of being a "hi-fi nut", I don't believe I've ever damaged a piece of equipment by plugging in an RCA cable. And, yes, even though one should not, I have...
  16. BluesDaddy

Audioholics goes off the reservation

Thank you. You would think when a Moderator writes "please stop" people would have the good sense to do so. Alas...
  17. BluesDaddy

Audioholics goes off the reservation

On his Facebook Group a few years ago I made the comment that it was hard to resist the pressure of advertising dollars when something similar was posted. I got kicked out of the group.
  18. BluesDaddy

But to do that you must actually purchase one at a much higher cost than any kit, including flat packs, would be and then have to essentially deconstruct one of the speakers. Dennis doesn't make much on the speakers as it is, and the DIY I'm sure was less, or even nothing, and requires a lot of...
Top Bottom