Search results

1. Aprude51

Product Overview: Revel F35

I recently purchased a pair of Revel F35s, and besides feeling that I could have gotten similar audio quality for less money with active studio monitors, I'm very happy with them. I wanted to share with the forum, but know that anecdotal comments about sound quality are useless, and so I decided...
  2. Aprude51

Nominal vs. Actual Impedance & Speaker Output

I was recently estimating the amplifier wattage required to achieve a certain sound level and am struggling with a question: how does impedance variance impact a speakers output at different frequencies? My speakers (Revel F35), have a couple of peaks & troughs in their impedance curve (e.g 15Ω...
  3. Aprude51

Poll: What % of your system investment is in your speakers?

I’m in the process of replacing a hand-me-down audio system (old Infinity speakers & Lepai amp) with something better and have been thinking about the ideal split of investment between speakers and other components. I think most here would agree you get the best audio quality for your money by...
  4. Aprude51

What’s the deal with Paradigm speakers?

I recently attempted to setup a listening appointment for F206s at a dealer I found through the Revel website but discovered they had dropped Revel in favor of Paradigm. Although I didn't place much stock in the dealer's positive comments about Paradigm, especially because he denigrated Revel...
  5. Aprude51

The “Right” Way to Compare Speakers?

Apologies in advance for the length of this post :) I want to start by saying “thank you” to the forum. I’ve only recently become interested in audio and initially read a lot of bad advice. In fact, before coming upon ASR I was close to buying Zu Audio speakers and a Schiit amplifier! I...
  6. Aprude51

Pros & Cons of Tower / Bookshelf Speakers?

I’ve recently been auditioning both tower & bookshelf speakers in my audio / theater room, and have been investigating the benefits & limitations of each form factor. Outside of an article by Audioholics (https://www.audioholics.com/frequent-questions/bookshelf-vs-tower-speakers) I’ve not found...
  7. Aprude51

Speaker Buying Advice (Good Towers <$1k)

I’m in the market for a new pair of speakers, and am seeking some advice on my options. In particular, recommendations for well designed floor standers in the <$1k price range (I’m willing to go used). My needs & questions: Budget: I think I’d like to stay under $1k. If I end up being willing...
  8. Aprude51

Documenting Sources of Loudspeaker Measurement

Although the product of a known troll, I found the premise of the “Who do we trust?” thread interesting. For me, the sharing of measurements is an important contributor to my trust in a brand or publication. And so I’ve been taking note of which brands and publications provide useful...
Top Bottom