Search results

1. Mr. Olinad

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

Chinese products were good because they were cheaper than others. Now they're competing with European overpriced products in a flooded market they've created where the only purpose is to launch the same product every month in a different "package" so they can be all over ASR's top list. It's way...
  2. Mr. Olinad

Sabaj D5 - Owners' Thread

Yes. White->Red->Blue I don't like it turning on after a power outage also, but I think there's nothing we can do about it.
  3. Mr. Olinad

I still have a copy of the 1.6 (rev2) You can go back to post #227 and see how Malis did to upgrade his firmware. I also have a copy of the 1.7 version that was on Sabaj Official website but the content is too big to be shared here with the .exe inside. I'll attach the .hex and .pdf in the...
  4. Mr. Olinad

Something so simple that sometimes we just forget it exists. Any chance this unit was plugged on the 220V while set to 110V?
  5. Mr. Olinad

Unfortunately we still don't have any changelog. About my previously related distortion problem I just realized that it's a track problem. It happens on Queensrÿche's Out of Mind track, between 1:40 and 1:45. I did some updates and rollbacks between v5.12 and v4.67 and the only difference I felt...
  6. Mr. Olinad

it worked but at some point I started listening distortion in some tracks when playing on my steteo speakers. Unfortunately (or fortunatelly in my case), it's hollyday in my country and I'll be out up to Tuesday so I had no time for investigation. But I clearly could hear distortion where I've...
  7. Mr. Olinad

As I'm already in the mood, I looked for an XMOS USB DAC DCP update and found a version 5.12.0 from SMSL. In Sabaj's site the latest version is the 4.67.0 from 2020-05-07. The v5.12.0 is from 2021-06-15. Do you guys know if these versions are compatible? In SMSL's site there are DACs using...
  8. Mr. Olinad

Ok guys... so it'll be here for the eternity... I just played dumb and Erased the chip but forgot to Program Device after. That was in the manual, it's completely my fault and I failed on a simple NNF task. It's turned on now and the display shows V1.7 2021-10-8 So it's a safe update unless...
  9. Mr. Olinad

I just did it anyway. The instructions are way better this time and they also included the needed software, so it was almost NNF. But... IT'S NOT TURNING ON!!! PLEASE, BE CAREFULL!!! I'll let you know what's the outcome.
  10. Mr. Olinad

Nice!!! Good to know that the company still cares for the "old" products. @peterwen are you still around? Do you know something about this new firmware version?
  11. Mr. Olinad

So basically they're saying the problem is on Raspberry interface. Looks like something you cannot fix (based on how hard it is to find this subject on google). I'd suggest you to ask on some Moode Audio thread, but looks like you already did it lol.
  12. Mr. Olinad

Must be something with the way Raspberry communicates with D5 via USB. I never had this kind of problem when using foobar with different files bitrates, even when switching between DSD files and non DSD files. There's only a click sound, but the display works fine. Are you on the last firmware?
  13. Mr. Olinad

I have the JDS Atom + Topping D50 and I think it's a better solution if you're going SE only. It's been a while since I last used the D5 as a headphone amp but I remember that it really lacks some power and I won't remember exactly why but I tought that the Atom+D50 stack sounded better, even...
  14. Mr. Olinad

I think so. Things are a bit confusing unfortunately. My D5 is also updated to 1.6v2 and I'm using the USB anti-interference "firmware". When I need to install the Windows 10 drivers, I go to http://www.sabaj.com.cn/en/services.asp?id=79 First I install the "D5 Drive" and then the "D5 USB...
  15. Mr. Olinad

Yes. There's no official 1.6.2, but as there are two versions of the 1.6 we started calling it 1.6v2.
  16. Mr. Olinad

I hardly have the patience to wait for the warm up but I don't think it's necessary for you to be playing something to warm up the DAC. Just turn it on. Sometimes I kinda notice there's a difference, sometimes I don't. Maybe if I had never read about it I would never notice.
  17. Mr. Olinad

I know nothing about I2S but I remember reading something about it on D5's Manual. http://www.sabaj.com.cn/Upload/download/20190812175140274.pdf Did you check if yours is set right?
  18. Mr. Olinad

Hello @Henrik Christensen , Did you figured it out about how to flash the firmware? In the firmware ZIP file, there's also a PDF with instructions on how to do it. Some buttons are in Chinese, but there are arrows pointing exactly what should be clicked.
  19. Mr. Olinad

The previous one was this: https://sites.google.com/view/audiofolies/chi-fi/dac/sabaj-firwmare Looks like you changed your page structure by adding the sabaj-d5 folder. About the portuguese language, that's because I'm from Brazil and you know we had better Ronaldos than Portugal. :p
  20. Mr. Olinad

I don't think so as the google page translator was very useful when I checked your guide, even if using it to translate right to portuguese. But if you can, it would be good if you edit that message where you shared the link as it's not valid anymore. Tks
Top Bottom