Search results

1. K

NAS streaming, USB connection, DAC and my old amp. Looking for suggestions.

I ended up with Allo Boss and Isolator. Aside from being semi happy with the OS solutions it's working great. The bummer though - turns out that my Amp is emitting a static white noise regardless of selected input and with volume down. It has nothing to do with the Boss etc., I am just...
  2. K

Interesting thought. For now though, my humming & ugly Synology is staying as far away as possible from my stereo. Maybe one day, when they make a good looking, small, noiseless case without fan and when a 4gb SSD costs $100. Actually wondering, how can the stream be controlled by the phone...
  3. K

Thanks for the input @GioF71 I have finally decided to go for the Allo Boss + Isolator After looking around for a bit more, it seemed obvious that no SBC/PC is delivering a clean USB signal. An option to fix this would have been the Allo USBridge + External DAC, like the Schiit Modi or Topping...
  4. K

I think that I'll settle with the Allo Kali reclocker plus Piano combo. It has good reviews and I like is that it only requires one power supply. Will most likely get the iPower adapter and the complete package will set me back about $235 My favorite would have been the DigiOne with Topping...
  5. K

@Willem So would you say that the review isn't worth much in the real world (referring to https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-chromecast-audio-digital-output.4544/). Please also note that I will absolutely not dish out the big $$ for Roon. Well...
  6. K

Thanks for the answers! Let me go through this Chromecast …umh… not sure. I mean I love the price tag, but * Being discontinued is a big one. Even if support still stands, not many more security updates can be expected * Seems that I’d need to install an app on my phone(s), since (if I...
  7. K

@Krunok So USB is better from PC than R Pi? Web interface is good. The point is that I do not want to give other people my phone or having to set up their devices to surf my library. That's why I thought that the old tablet would be a good idea.
  8. K

Hello scientists, My first post here! Admittedly, I do not understand any of the scientific parts of the reviews. Just an understanding nodding and "mmh.." when I read about things like low noise and clean sinus curves. But I know one thing, and that is that I want to play my digital music over...
Top Bottom