Search results

1. tsanguine

Review and Measurements of Sony UDA-1 DAC & Amp

I replaced mine with a SMSL stack. The DA8, SU8, and SH8. Now I'm ready to sell this stack as I'm not using it any more. It's not a single unit but looks good as a stack. I haven't seen many 1-box solutions available that have the speaker amp combined with the DAC and headphone amp. I think...
  2. tsanguine

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

That isn't surprising, knowing his background. I have always liked his headphones but had a newfound appreciation once I disassembled mine.
  3. tsanguine

I've had wonderful support from DCA on a headphone that I purchased used and wasn't even covered under warranty.
  4. tsanguine

DCA headphones are in a league of their own. I've always appreciated what Dan was doing even back to the Fostex headphones he was modding but every new model he just keeps one upping himself. I've opened up and modded my Aeon2's and the craftsmanship on the enclosures and tolerances are just...
  5. tsanguine

Any open back, over ear, wireless headphones?

Thanks. I wasn't aware of these. I've never paid much attention to Hifiman after briefly owning a pair of HE4XX. I didn't like the comfort of them and got rid of them after a couple weeks. I prefer the elongated cups like this Ananda and round pads like the HE4XX don't seem to work on my head.
  6. tsanguine

There is something about this idea that appeals to be even if it isn't very realistic.
  7. tsanguine

This has been the most likely one for me to get. Every time I get close to buying it I remind myself of all of the Grado's (6 pairs) I've ever had and how uncomfortable they feel for me. This one doesn't use the same pad either so I'd be stuck with stock. I may still get them. I haven't decided...
  8. tsanguine

Yes. Not a huge fan of things in my ears and generally they aren't open back so I can hear my surroundings. I know some do an audio passthrough with mics but my limited exposure hasn't been that great an experience.
  9. tsanguine

I have one and love it. It might be my all time favorite and most versatile piece of audio equipment. I may even try to mod a pair of headphones to mount it on a pair. I also have had the EarStudio es100. I'm frequently fighting with wires and up and down a lot so if I can avoid dealing with the...
  10. tsanguine

Thanks. I had forgotten about those. It would be an option. Hoping for something a little less bulky but won't have many options.
  11. tsanguine

I'm not a huge fan of IEM's and I want to both allow my ears to breath a bit and be able to hear if someone is trying to get my attention. I plan to just use Spotify with Wavelet to EQ to Harman. I'd use these at work which can make my ears get really hot and sweaty. I'll first worry about if...
  12. tsanguine

Extron XPA 1002 Plus Amplifier Review

If you don't spend big money with Crestron they don't even want to waste their time talking to you. My boss went to them when we first started integrating technology in the classrooms about 20 years ago. They asked what his budget was and then ignored him when they determined he wasn't a big...
  13. tsanguine

This really reminds me of the Monoprice Unity. I thought that Amir had reviewed one of them but I'm not finding it. I thought I had talked about sending one to Amir at one point. I have the 100 and 200. https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=31027
  14. tsanguine

For me that's the biggest one. I just need one two conductor wire that goes back to our teaching lectern and each speaker is daisy chained (series) off of the first in the drop ceiling. The fewer the wires the better. Especially when it's a retrofit and there is no nice conduit to use. There are...
  15. tsanguine

We use 70v in almost every classroom since we don't care about stereo sound in the classroom. We want everyone to hear the same signal at roughly the same volume. Being able to run 70v and thereby daisy chain the speakers makes it a lot easier for the integration and wiring. When you install 10...
  16. tsanguine

You are correct. It's all relative and Extron is pretty easy. It's drag and drop, they offer trainings all the time and they are pretty inexpensive relative to the other offerings. I love that you can quickly unplug everything and pop in a new unit. We've had a couple batches of Extron hardware...
  17. tsanguine

They may not be cheap compared to consumer gear but they are considerably cheaper than AMX and Crestron. Plus you don't need a programing degree to configure them.
  18. tsanguine

I work for a community college and we exclusively use Extron. The other players like AMX and Crestron wouldn't even talk to us because we didn't have a pocketbook that matched their preferred customer. We now have 200 classrooms using Extron equipment and I have tweakers in every vehicle I own...
  19. tsanguine

We ex Really hope this is sarcasm or you might be on the wrong forum. Nothing wrong with any of those. Half my speakers are probably still run with Home Depoe lamp wire.
  20. tsanguine

DCA Noire + Qudelix 5k = Worthwhile to go balanced ?

A bit of soldering is all it took. It was incredibly easy. One of the easiest mods I've ever done. I prefer the small and lightweight 2.5mm and 3.5mm connectors because I also drag mine all over the place. I use the 2.5mm and 3.5mm version of this cable. They are less than $20/apiece.
Top Bottom