Search results

1. Balle Clorin

Cartridge alignment by electronic measurements.

I have not found a good way of aligning the cartridge Zenith/Horisontal Tracking angle by using electronic measurement and test records . This article brings some hope , but I have tried similar tracks before with little success. I did not get a meaningful result then. The Analog Macic is too...
  2. Balle Clorin

What is my input capacitance, can I measure it?

I got an old lovely Technics SU-A900mk2 I bought in 1994. I got curious about using the RIAA to do cartridge frequency measurements, but there is no information about input capacitance for MM. Can I tell from this schematic what is is?, can I put my LCR meter on the Phono input and measure it...
  3. Balle Clorin

Which cartridge do you prefer?

Which cartridge do you prefer? File 1 https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhtfoQJP0niE-kI5_37Rq8uQuQDb?e=pS30WE File 2 https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhtfoQJP0niE-kO-bE53oTXFJjST?e=jfH8oX PC windows volume is too low so use something else for playback
  4. Balle Clorin

Is Western Electric selling a Push-Pull amplifier (91E) as a Singlended ?

Take a look at this.. Makes me wonder if not the buyers are mislead by the selling arguments...at a quite high price. Do they understand what they are getting? Not a Single ended 300B triode, but a push-pull amplifier consisting of a Mosfet and 300B triode in combination.. Would they buy it...
  5. Balle Clorin

Fun with vinyl measurements

I think Vinyl people in other forums do not want to know about turntable and cartridge measurements as they may get disappointed. I like accuracy and good design but that does not prevent me from listening to vinyl or measuring it. Measuring is a way to learn,understand and improve. Let us...
  6. Balle Clorin

Interesting visit to Rega, with measurents and tolerances

I got respect for Rega after seeing this. interesting to view all 5 parts.. Also Roy Gandys management style, he knows all the workers and every stage and detail in the production What a nice man and great dedication to the products
  7. Balle Clorin

Headphone amp RCA output quality as preamp?

Many headphone amplifiers has both headphone output and RCA outputs . How are the outpouts connected inside the box ? Can I assume they are from the same opamp and RCA output performance into a amplifier be comparable with the headphone teste loads presented the measurement section here? I am...
Top Bottom