Search results

1. Andreas007

Chapeau ou non? (PCM5102MK non-HAT DAC review)

Excellent! I find it somehow cute that you explain the french title. Next time let us figure it out by ourselves. ;)
  2. Andreas007

Lehmannaudio Decade Phono Stage Review

Overpriced with technical flaws and no stand alone features. Rated poor. Come on, these companies think it is still the 90‘s where you could get 500 % margin out of simple electronics in pretty cases. Thanks to Amir who changed this game!
  3. Andreas007

A Call For Humor!

Idiocy knows no bounds these days. Why even pixel out the name? Their stupidity should fall back on them..
  4. Andreas007

Standards for Audio Electronics Measurements?

I think setting a standard by Amir/ASR like "ASR certified" or something else is not necessary. This project started free of any constraints and yet managed to have tremendous impact on the industry (heck, he even got invited to AES). That's quite an accomplishment! A new "standard" by ASR is...
  5. Andreas007

Weiss DAC205 DAC Review

I don't see a total failure but the multitone is not acceptable - not then and not now. Especially considering the price. Fair assessment by Amir.
  6. Andreas007

A Call For Humor!

Actually, this is a serious way to insulate a house - if you know how to do it. Near to my location a monastery recently built a guest house in this way. Have a look at this pdf with loads of example houses: Straw Insulation Sorry, only in German.
  7. Andreas007

Cayin Mini-CD MKII CD Player Review

After two CDP reviews I'm tempted to send my Kenwood DP7090 to @VintageFlanker - 8x PCM1702. Would be nice to know if it was really as good as claimed. But I fear transport damage. :confused:
  8. Andreas007

A Call For Humor!

9. Andreas007

Bose QuietComfort 45 Headphone Review

Isn‘t 8 kHz the infamous Beyer-peak? :cool:
  10. Andreas007

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

Don‘t be too excited, I can imagine they will cost around 5500 Euros/pair? Besides that they will be surely fantastic!
  11. Andreas007

Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier Review

While a hot case is not desired a well constructed amp shouldn't care about it. I once had a Bryston B60 amplifier which got insanely hot (up to 75 °C) when pushing my 2 Ohm speakers (clearly some sort of abuse). Nevertheless, it is still running flawlessly after 25 years (currently, a friend of...
  12. Andreas007

A Call For Humor!

Actually, it is not only related to middle eastern habits. Usage of water instead of paper is steadily increasing from what I can see. I switched long time ago to this procedure. Just been in Japan where there are very high standards regarding bathrooms. Always a pleasure to experience a TOTO...
  13. Andreas007

Listening Tests - Benchmark DAC3 versus Topping D90LE

I appreciate the work done. But to conclude anything from that result is ridiculous. I‘m working in R&D of a major chip company and you would immediately embarras yourself if you would present a result with such a low confidence and simultaneously claim that you are on to something.
  14. Andreas007

Rotel RB-1070 Amplifier Review

I guess we got your point. But let us also appreciate good engineering from the past. Besides, there are a lot of examples of brand new amplifiers which perform worse than this Rotel. So, give it some credit.
  15. Andreas007

Warning: change your password please!

I don't get it why BitWarden should be better than KeePass in such a case. What does it help to change a program when your system got hacked? If your system gets hacked no program can be trusted anymore and it's easy to eavesdrop on any data. Switching form KeePass to BitWarden was useless if...
  16. Andreas007

Warning: change your password please!

Actually, this may be really a good idea, practical issues aside. Your passwords are disconnected from the net. But keyloggers remain a problem. If your home is compromised you have other problems than your passwords: Your complete „secure“ living space is compromised. You can‘t even be sure...
  17. Andreas007

Music with amazing sub bass. Anything goes.

Telarc had some great stuff. Listen to the famous Terminator theme in a fantastic interpretation and let your subs experience the T-Rex burp afterwards! :cool:
  18. Andreas007

General design stupidity

A bit late, but I wanted to add that black is often the easiest option for plastics products which have a long lifetime. The added carbon black in the plastic acts as UV protection and is preventing degradation. See what happens to coloured plastic plastic toys over time. Carbon black stays...
  19. Andreas007

Speakers that produce astonishing soundstaging/imaging?

Heard them at the High End in Munich. Very special, not comparable to anything else, difficult to describe. They were somehow "holografic" as it seemed that instruments (classical music playing) were placed on various spots in the room. It was a nice "effect". Overall I liked them. I guess they...
  20. Andreas007

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

True, but I would not say "much":
Top Bottom